11 years of great moments lived and wines tasted: 11 years of Encuentro Verema. This eleventh edition will take place on 24 and 25 February, 2012, in the magnificent Spa Hotel Las Arenas Resort ***** GL, in the Malvarrosa beach (Valencia, Spain).
Friday, February 24, 2012
11:00 am - 12:00 am: Registration
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Attendees should select a wine tasting and a workshop for each time schedule. Since there are limited seats for each tasting / workshop, they will be asigned on a first payment first registration basis.
11:00 am - 1:00 pm: Grand Tastings (choose one) (*)
- Bodega Herederos del Marqués de Riscal. Vertical Tasting of Baron de Chirel and older vintages of Marqués de Riscal. This tasting will asess the evolution in different vintages of flagship wine Baron de Chirel, along with some historical vintages of Marqués de Riscal. A good comparison of tradition versus modernity.
- Bodegas Aalto. Vertical tasting of Aalto PS. Despite his youth, from the first vintage of 1999, the winery has managed to position their Aalto wines among the most prestigious in the Ribera del Duero. His Aalto PS, under the technical direction of Mariano Garcia has been admired by both critics and the public at large, having been awarded in his vintage 2004 'Best Wine of the Year' at the 7th Verema Meeting. The tasting will add to: Aalto PS 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2009.The tasting will be led by Jose Carlos Garcia Vega and Antonio Moral.
- Bodegas Artadi. The value of great wines: their land and its people. Juan Carlos Lopez de Lacalle will lead this tasting of different vintages of some of its most emblematic wines.
- Cavas Gramona. Gramona, 50 years of extensive breeding. The tasting will be led by Xavier Gramona, who will share "certain idea of cava" on a tour of unusual vintages of this charismatic wine cellar.
- Pazo de Señorans, Bodegas Miguel Torres y Belondrade. The importance of terroir in white wines in Spain. Vertical tasting of different vintages of wine Pazo de Señorans Select Add, and Belondrade Milmanda and Lurton, led by Marisol Bueno, Raul Bobet and Didier Belondrade.
- Ceretto Aziende wine tasting. Barolo versus Barbaresco. Illustrative tasting on the behavior of the Nebbiolo grape in these two renowned productive areas of Piemonte, through different Ceretto wine cellars. Gianluca Picca will lead this tasting. SOLD OUT!
4:45 pm - 6:45 pm. Workshops (choose one) (*)
- Pairing different delicacies with Agusti Torello cava. Directed by Agusti Torello Sibill.
- Workshop on Gin and Vodka mixed with Fentimans. The workshop will be led by Javier Caballero, bartender and considered by many as the father of "molecular gin and tonic." This workshop will taste: Gin Williams, Bulldog Gin,Hayman's Gin, Vodka Beluga Vodka Vodka Chase and Sipsmith. All accompanied bytonic and other mixers Fentimans brand.
* The capacity for these sessions is limited (20-40 seats for each morning tasting, and 90 seats for each workshop).
7.00 pm - 9.00 pm. Grand Tasting and Verema Awards to the best Spanish wine producers and Verema users of the year 2011.
The Verema 2011 winners are:
- Winery of the Year 2011: Losada Vineyards
- Winery with better trajectory of the Year: Herederos del Marqués de Riscal
- Wine Person of the Year: Josep Roca (Celler de Can Roca restaurant ***, Girona)
- Red Wine of the Year: Quincha Corral 2007 (Bodegas Mustiguillo)
- White Wine of the Year: Do Ferreiro Cepas Vellas 2009
- Rosé Wine of the Year: Chivite 125 Coleccion Rosado 2006
- Sweet Wine / Generoso of the Year: Noé Pedro Ximénez Muy Viejo (González Byass)
- Cava of the Year: Recaredo Reserva Privada 2002
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil of the year: Masía El Altet High Quality 2010
- Liqueur of the year: Cardenal Mendoza Lujo (Sánchez Romate Hermanos)
- Restaurant with the best wine service of the year - Louis Roederer Award: Quique Dacosta (Quique Dacosta Restaurant**, Denia)
10.00 pm - 12:00 pm: Grand Closing Banquet at La Sucursal Restaurant
La Sucursal is a Michelin starred restaurant located at the renowed Valencian Institute of Modern Art (IVAM). The dishes will be paired with great wines specially selected for the ocassion.
Prices and registration
11th Verema Meeting Registration
- Verema Wine Club member: 85 euros
- Other participants: 125 euros
Closing Banquet: 100 euros
* Registration for the meeting does not include the closing dinner, which must be purchased separately.
** Prices include VAT
How can I order my tickets? (Tickets for Verema Meeting sell out quickly!)
1. Select the morning tasting wine session and afternoon workshop you wish to attend in the application form: SELECT YOUR PREFERRED TASTINGS
2. Access the Verema.com online store to make the payment.
Do you have any questions?
Contact Esther Mañez by email ([email protected]) or phone (+34 963 389 800)