Jean Leon

21 respuestas
    MaJesus
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Re: James Dean?

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

... I have no clue what you are talking about ... could you possibly ellaborate?

On the wines part, I have a 1997 CS which I will drink very shortly, and a GR 1996 which I think is becoming ready ;) ... this is a nice cellar, and I have always loved their basic CS and certainly their (aged) GR.

MaJesus

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: James Dean?

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

Jean León’s (his real name was Ceferino Carrión) was friends with the actor James Dean. They became partners in a restaurant venture --“La Scala” in Beverly Hills California. The two worked together to design the place. James Dean died before the restaurant was opened but Jean León continued the project himself, opened the restaurant, made a fortune, and ultimately returned to his native Spain to start the bodega.

JoanF
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: Jean Leon

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Hi there,

Gran Reserva is quite a sure bet! Indeed, I recommend it.

I recently tasted the 2001, and rate 8.5/10 on the ’spanish side’... I think it will develop further though... The same for the 2000 vintage.

The vintage that really hit me was de 1993, I tasted on 2004 for the second time (the first on 2000 I think)... really astonishing! incredible complex, elegant and persistent wine.. still to be kept when I tried.

Regards!

Joan

PS: we should not talk that loud about this winery! we better keep it for ourselves! :^D.

RayQ
    en respuesta a JoanF

Jean Leon/James Dean and Walt

Ver mensaje de JoanF

I’ll also extend a welcome to Walt (though we have corresponded recently elsewhere)
    Good to have you back and I look forward to reading your TN’s and posts again.

I knew about La Scala but not the James Dean connection.

I have never bought the JL Reserva but as I posted it did impress me so I’m on the lookout for it. Anyone have ideas on ageing potential for the reserva ?

best wishes

Ray

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar