’The Gastriad’ (my V3 notes)

40 respuestas
    Juan Such
    en respuesta a Gastronauta

Some comments...

Ver mensaje de Gastronauta

Great TNs, Gastro. Bravo! I like your style describing wines.

I agree with most of your TNs, specially regarding Marboré. Funny enough, ";soulless"; is the same thought I had when I tried it the last time (not in the Verema Encounter). Perhaps we are becoming too sophisticated and intellectual with the wines we drink... :-) Agreement too on Viñas del Vero: their 2002s are quite inferior regarding 2001, specially on Secastilla.

My two main disagreements from your TNs are Artadi Grandes Añadas 1998 and Trasnocho 2001.

The 1998 Grandes Añadas didn’t impressed me much and it was the first I tasted that afternoon (I was impatient with trying the top wines from this famous winery which I don’t know at all). I found a wine quite closed and too big and sweet in the mouth (I wrote: ";un poco mazacote";; you can translate... :-)

Regarding Trasnocho 2001 I found it too sweet and a bit too much for my taste and sense of what a balanced wine must be. Perhaps just needs much more time in bottle. I keep one and I’ll tried it probably next year.

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Re: Stock of wines

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

My cellar is notoriously disorganized, so I do not have such a specific idea as you do. I would estimate between 200 and 250 2001s from Spain, so we seem to have employed a similar buying strategy. Almost all my purchases are now in my possession, but I still have three or four cases and several magnums on the way.

Juan Such
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

A little detail...

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Walt, when I said 200 bottles I was referring to my total stock of bottles. My 2001s are, right now, only 12 bottles perhaps. I live in a flat so my storage area is limited. I can stock some wines in a country house from my family but the temperature conditions are not very good.

You say ";250 2001s from Spain";. My God! What is your total stock of wines?

rayol
    en respuesta a Gastronauta

Re: Mauro 2001

Ver mensaje de Gastronauta

Gastronauta,
    can you explain these comments to me ?
    2002 irregularity ?
    2001 scores ?

Mauro is a particular favourite of mine.
    Have a case of 2001 on order so I was a little disturbed by your tasting notes.

Thanks

Juan Such
    en respuesta a jose

Tasting Notes and wines drunk

Ver mensaje de jose

I believe at least 70% of Paco’s TNs are from comparative tastings (which I mostly ";suffer";, too :-)). I am an increasingly sceptic taster when I have to get a whole TN from a wine in less than 5 minutes. It’s unfair for the wine, for myself and for the potential readers of my poor TNs :-)

Definitively, I will never be a Parker, a Paco Higón or a Gastro :-))

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar