Petit Verdot

10 respuestas
    RayQ

Petit Verdot

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Any recommendations for PV wines either entirely PV or a large component of the blend ?
    I have tried the one from Casa de La Ermita and Valdepusa, any others worth seeking out ?
    There was an interesting PV from Portugal AZAMOR that I quite liked when I tasted it recently.

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a RayQ

Entirely Petit Verdot....

Ver mensaje de RayQ

My favourite is Abadia de Retuerta PV but the price is quite high (more than 120€ in Spain). Another very interesting and with good QPR is the Enrique Mendoza Petit Verdot. I also have good references from Aquilice Petit Verdot and no that good from Finca Antigua.

If you like rosé wines... Pago del Vicario Petit Verdot Rosado is a must. But when you open the bottle take into account that seems a red wine ;-)

Cheers!
    PD: I suppose that you are asking us about Spanish wines... or not?

luisojen
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: Petit Verdot

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Other options are Arrayan PV (D.O. Mentrida) and Marques de Griñon PV (D.O. Dominio de Valdepusa). In Malaga you can find Andalus, F. Schatz and Vetas, in my opinion the best, but trhe problem is that they produce 1500 bottles per year.

RayQ
    en respuesta a luisojen

Ver mensaje de luisojen

While I never underestimate the knowledge on this forum I was mainly
    enquiring about Spain. ;-)

Thanks for those suggestions, the Malaga ones are unknown to me, do you have any idea where they can be bought ?

suiko
    en respuesta a RayQ

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Did you try the Vin de Pays d’Oc PV from Majestic, Ray (think the producer is Prieuses)? Nice fruit and quite a lot of wine for £6 - I liked this more than Glaetzer’s Heartland.

godoy
    en respuesta a RayQ

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Hi Ray:

Sorry for my english.I’m not very good writing it.
    I’m working in Liverpool but I’m from Malaga. In Agoust I have to go there and maybe I could get some bottels of Petit Verdot if you want.

Are you from England? We could meet here.

I’m sure these Petit is one of the best in Spain and it would be interesting to try.

We are in contact

A hug

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar