Trip to Rioja Region....

12 respuestas
    Surfer714

Trip to Rioja Region....

Ver mensaje de Surfer714

I will be in Haro for a few weeks in September. Any suggestions on wineries to visit while there would be helpful....We plan on going to the bigger wineries that have public access in and around Haro at this time. If anyone has experience with some others that are interesting please let me know. Also any restaurants and sites if possible ..we will be they a while with our children ...My wife is from Spain so we( I should say she and kids ) wont have a language problem if it is only spainish spoken at any of the wineries.
    Thanks
    Eric

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a Surfer714

Re: Trip to Rioja Region....

Ver mensaje de Surfer714

Welcome to Verema... I suppose that you know that bigger is not a synonym of better… If this is your first trip to Rioja I’ll recommend to try a classic cellar, like Tondonia and also a modern one, like Roda, both in Haro….
    In the Spanish side, if you visit the section called Restaurantes you’ll find a lot of suggestions to go out for a meal…

Cheers!!!

lito
    en respuesta a Surfer714

Re: Trip to Rioja Region....

Ver mensaje de Surfer714

Well,
    I would recommend to visit the Marques de Riscal Hotel.
    If you go there ask for Jean Marie, he is the concierge and a very nice guy and ask him if he can give you a site visit.

Surfer714
    en respuesta a lito

1904 Rioja

Ver mensaje de lito

Thank You for information. On another note my (long story) Mother recently gave me two bottles of Rioja wine from 1904?..When my mother was around 19 she was dating a fellow from Cuba becoming a doctor in Washington Dc. She took him home to meet my Grandmother and took he took two bottles of wine to impress her. Of course she doesnt drink but took the bottles as a kind jesture. She stuck them in her root cellar for the last 60-70 years??. Anyway my Grandmother passed away a few years ago and my Mother gave them to me recently. Great timing as we are going to Rioja region. I was taking a picture with me a try and visit the winery if still around. Maybe they can tell me what type of vintage it was in 1904 :)...

One bottle says
    Gran Fine Enologica
    Cosecha 1904
    Bodegas Rioja Santiago Haro

Other Bottle says
    Rioja Indarra
    Coscha Especial 1904

Eric

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a Surfer714

Re: 1904 Rioja

Ver mensaje de Surfer714

Are you sure that is Indarre and not Ondarre???? If so the cellar still exists and also the other one…. Rioja Santiago
    Vintage 1904 was “very good” however mote than one hundred years is probably too much for a wine like this… Anyway, is a question of trial and mistake… so if you open the bottle let us know ;-)

Cheers!!

Surfer714
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: 1904 Rioja

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

I will check on the spelling. I am pretty sure it was Indarra ... My cellar doesnt have a lot of light plus my eyes. Both bottles have good fill( right below upper shoulder ) and are in good shape. Hopefully when I try them I will be happy... Like you said 100 year old wine?????
    Eric

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar