Spanish wines have to wait for the next Parker’s WA

22 respuestas
    Norje
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Re: Spanish wines have to wait for the next Parker’s WA

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Well, thanks, Walt, but I was really asking for your guesses about the surprises ;^) Don’t mind.
    About the wines you tell, we (peña bilbao,) tasted blind Erasmus, Mogador, Vall LLach and Dofí (2000 all) and the Erasmus surprisingly got the worst position (https://www.verema.com/comunidad/foro/mensaje.asp?mensaje=56716)
    Anyway, the Parker’s list wines go from very high prices to higher ones, so i don’t think its so important as Juan tells for consumers.
    For the cellars will finaly be a good year, not only because of Parker’s notes, but for the roll that Spain has played in Bush’s war (sadly) despite from France.

Norje^Peña-Bilbao

Norje
    en respuesta a MCamblor

Ver mensaje de MCamblor

Manuel, aprovecho este hilo para desearte que aquello que es pmotivo de especial preocupación para tí, se resuelva favorablemente. Un saludo,

Norje^Peña-Bilbao

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a Norje

Ver mensaje de Norje

";For the cellars will finaly be a good year, not only because of Parker’s notes, but for the roll that Spain has played in Bush’s war (sadly) despite from France.";

I honestly do not think that the roll Spain played in Bush’s war will be a factor - not even a tiny factor - in US imports of Spanish wine. Rather, I think any increase in imports will be attributable to more recognition of quality and the fact that many Spanish wines are big and fruit-driven but also authentic rather than overly manufactured - a nice combination of New- and Old-World styles. Obviously, that is an overly broad generalization about Spanish wine, but from a broad market perspective it may be generally accurate. My impression also is that, in the recent past, US consumers did not reject Spanish wine in favor of other wine. The big problem has been that US consumers simply are ignorant about Spanish wines. It is in this regard that Parker can help the Spanish wine industry the most.

(Of course, if Bush did not greatly devalue the Dollar relative to the Euro, Spanish imports would take off even more.)

GerryDawes
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

By most accounts I have heard, the American reaction against France had a dramatic positive effect on the rise of Spanish imports. I doubt if it is a major factor currently, but sales spiked up. Of course, the Euro rate is still putting a damper on things.

MCamblor
    en respuesta a MCamblor

Re: Hobbyists...

Ver mensaje de MCamblor

Have no evidence either way. Of course, word of mouth has it that the Fat Man has never been spotted anywhere in Spain. If anyone knows for certain that he has, let them come forward...

M.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar