Steiner Hund

23 respuestas
    Arribes

Steiner Hund

Hola a todos, en un reciente viaje de una amiga he conseguido que me traiga unas botellitas de Nikolaihof Steiner Hund Riesling Reserve 2002 y el ";asesor vinicola"; que vive conmigo me aconseja paciencia, mucha paciencia con este vino y olvidarme de él una larga temporada, algo asi como diez añitos dice él.
    Que me aconsejais?. Alguien me podria proporcionar informacion sobre la bodega; sé que aplican la biodinamica y alguna cosa mas por articulos del mundo pero me gustaria saber algo mas y sé que hay expertos en el foro.
    Saludos

THuRStoN
    en respuesta a Arribes

Jesús, ¡Qué envidia! haz caso

Ver mensaje de Arribes

No me parece descabellado darle tiempo a esa botella, dado el pago Steiner Hund y el productor: Nikolaihof. Aunque no tengo experiencia de primera mano con los rieslings austriacos. Pero sé que ese NiKolaihof es uno de los productores austriacos con más garantías en cuanto a blancos secos se refiere.

Por acá en encontré más información:

";FAMILIE SAAHS NIKOLAIHOF, MAUTERN

The ";Nikolaihof’ in Mautern is the oldest Austrian Winery. It is built on the remains of a Roman fortress and came first into being in 985. It has been a religous and political centre for centuries. Today’s owners, Nikolaus and Christine Saahs produce Riesling and Veltliner of international quality. Since the early eighties this winery has been working according to the guidelines of organic-dynamic viticulture. From the early nineties their wines have been given commendations from the ";Ernte - Fur das Leben (Harvest - For Life)"; and the ";Austria-Bioverband Austrian-OrganicDynamic-Association)";. This winery encompasses 20 hectares of winegrowing land, including renowned vineyards such as ";Steiner Hund";, ";Vom Stein";, “Im Weingeberge” and ";Im Weingarten";. Average production capacity per year is 1000hl. The terrain and soils are varied comprising the alluvial gravel of the Vom Stein vineyard, the primary rock of the Steiner Hund vineyard with its 50% incline and small terraces, and the sandy loam of the Im Weingebirge vineyard. Some of the vines have been producing grapes for 50 years and although they may not yield as many grapes as younger vines they have strong, deep roots which in turn result in higher quality wine. This, and the practice of thinning the grape bunches and pruning the vines leads to the individual flavour of the wines from the Nikolaihof winery. By far the most important grapes are the Riesling and Veltliner, which account for 90 percent of the wine made on this estate. Other grapes used are WeiBburgunder, Malvasier, Neuburger and Chardonnay. The grapes are hand picked and are pressed softly with compressed air. The wines are fermented and matured in 2000 - 12000 litre oak barrels without any chemical help. Nikolaus Saahs does not separate the wine from the sediment until four months have elapsed. This allows yeast to evaporate in true Wachauer tradition. The wine is then bottled in antique-shaped bottles and labelled by hand.

Nikolaus Saahs’ wines are pure of tone and concentrated in fruit mass, with a solid acidic structure leading to a characteristically classic individuality. His dictum, regarding cellar activity is that ";one should not disturb the wine but rather let it develop in controlled calm";. Thus one of the secrets of his success would appear to lie in the particular attention paid to the vines themselves.

Nikolaihof Wachau is the first winery to be allowed to carry the official Austrian BioDynamic sign. Nikolaihof works Bio-dynamically and does not use genetically manipulated aids like enzymes or yeast, no pesticides, herbicides, synthetic insecticides or artificial fertilisers. Recent scientific research shows that high amounts of Flavonoids and Polyphenols are developed in Bio-dynamically grown grapes which produce ";healthier"; wines. Flavonoids support the better intake of vitamins and strengthen the heart-blood circulation. When farming bio-dynamically, as well as working in an ecological way, it is deemed necessary to watch the phases of the moon in order to determine the best time for planting the vines, their development, and finally the bottling.";

http://www.raeburnfinewines.com/offers/austriaoffer_3.php3

Feliz espera :^),
    THuRStoN^Peña Bilbao

THuRStoN
    en respuesta a suzanne

¡Qué me vas a contar!

Ver mensaje de suzanne

Con una docenita de Rieslingcitos alemanes y otros alsacianos durmiendo el sueño de los justos mientras envejecen plácidamente.
    Pero no hay problema se soluciona bebiendo otras cosas: Muscadets, Jurançon, Txakolí (hoy me enteré que los hay con Riesling y todo), Penedes, hay mucho donde elegir y tan poco tiempo :-).

Saludosssssssssss,
    THuRStoN^Peña Bilbao

Víctor Bcn
    en respuesta a suzanne

Re: Pues yo no podría...

Ver mensaje de suzanne

Con la ganas de probar algo de este elaborador que tengo, no podría ni querría aguantarme, tengo que probarla... Distinto que ya conozca este productor o no me apetezca tanto, entonces sería otra cosa...

Que la disfruteis.

Saludos.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar