Habemus Parker...........

130 respuestas
    Rayco
    en respuesta a Javierbb

Re: Habemus Parker...........

Ver mensaje de Javierbb

Si es verdad que muchos en el mundo mundial, se lo toman en serio ( la lista quiero decir ) pues a si a las prisas, y de momento, mi enhorabuena a Jimenez Landi...esta muy bien parado, lo cierto es que a mi me parecen vinazos, aunque a veces he escuchado todo tipo de valoraciones, por una vez estoy con Miller...

PedroCarroquino

Re: Habemus Parker........Decía en un prefacio (¿No existia vino antes?)

Three decades ago, I never would have imagined the enormous progress in wine quality, nor could I have anticipated the staggering number of fine wines from such untraditional areas as South America, Australia, Southern France, southern Italy, and, of course, California, Oregon, and Washington State.
    Thirty years have passed all too quickly, but there is no question that I have been fortunate. In my personal quest for the vinous equivalent of the Holy Grail, I have had the opportunity to see, taste, and consume a dramatically superior array of wines, with greater personality, expression, and individuality in all price ranges than has ever existed in the past. After 3o years, my glass is not only half full, it runneth over. (Robert Parker, cito la Guide #7)

Ha bebido de todo. Bueno, caro y barato. Hay unos paises claves. (cita España, por supuesto, con un puñado de Riojas y VS), pero lo que más me mortifica en esta despedida es que la historia como para un parvulito de internauta de hoy en dia hace 30 años que empezó.

Os es lo que yo creo.

@Malditovino

Javierbb
    en respuesta a Rayco

Ver mensaje de Rayco

Lo cierto es que hay varios ganadores este año entre ellos Daniel, pero también hay algunos perdedores. La publicación de Parker, pues ni más ni menos que como otras, interesante ojearlas, pero vamos, que no es la biblia….

"Al pan, pan y al vino, como locos."

Javierbb
    en respuesta a Rafaedgere

Re: Este año...

Ver mensaje de Rafaedgere

Ya que la cosa va de inglés, te reproduzco el texto que se reproduce en la pagina de Parker….

“After tastings with approximately 50 importers of Spanish wines and working my through hundreds of additional samples, a few themes have emerged. Sales of Spanish wines priced at $20 a bottle or less are exceptionally strong. I noted in Issue 183 how importers were scrambling to reconfigure their portfolios to reflect the reality of the marketplace. This has largely been accomplished. There are more choices than ever. Spanish white wines from 2009 are especially exciting. It was a splendid vintage in northern Spain and the whites from Rias Baixas (for Albariño), Rueda (for Verdejo) and Valdeorras (for Godello) are marvelously fresh, intense, and riveting. Readers who are seeking alternatives to oaked wines and Chardonnay in particular need to give these wines consideration. My tastings have also served as a sneak preview as to just how good the 2009 reds from Rioja, Ribera del Duero, Toro and satellite DOs will be. A number of Bodegas have released early-bottled, unoaked cuvées of Tempranillo and Tempranillo blends that are strikingly good.

Among higher end wines, as I mentioned in Issue 183, consumers need to be more discriminating in their selections. While it is virtually impossible to generalize about vintages in a country as large and diversified as Spain, at this point it seems clear that the 2006s, 2007s, and early released 2008s are not at the same level as the finest offerings from 2004 and 2005. The best of them have the virtue (for those who appreciate the style) of being lower in alcohol and more approachable early on. This is not to say that wines such as Pingus, Clos Erasmus, Contador, Termanthia, and Artadi (which received 100 point scores in 2004 and/or 2005) were in any way disappointing in 2006 and 2007, just not quite at the heights achieved in the great years.

In my most current tasting cycle, I was very impressed by the Reserva and Gran Reserva wines from Rioja. The newest releases are mostly from 2004 for the Reservas and 2001 for the Gran Reserva. Made in the traditional style of Rioja which is like no other, these are beautiful wines that will reward additional cellaring. Most importantly, in the context of what is in the marketplace, they can be remarkable values. If I were a young wine enthusiast just starting a cellar but with limited resources, this is one area where I would place my money. Wines from the top producers will still be going strong 25 years from now and probably longer in some cases.

From a value standpoint, two categories require mentioning. Spain produces a bevy of delicious Rosés, almost all of them under $15. If your early drinking experiences, like mine, were with Mateus or Lancers, do not be put off. These are fresh, lively, and concentrated especially since they are all from the 2009 vintage (do not settle for another year). They are perfect for outdoor dining when beer just won’t do the trick. Spain’s Cavas are also making significant improvements in quality. The last two holiday seasons have been banner years for Cava because of Champagne prices and many new friends have been made. There are some exceptional values in the $15-25 range.

This report is only Part I. With the avalanche of tastings and samples completed since I began in December, not all of my notes could be included. There will be a supplemental report on the website to be posted by the end of May. In addition, I will be spending 2 weeks in Rioja, Ribera del Duero, and Toro in May visiting Bodegas and doing tastings which will be the subject of a separate report. Lastly, discerning readers will note the absence of any reviews on Sherry. The more I thought about it, the more obvious it became that Sherry should be the subject of its own separate review. With that in mind, in 2011 I will be making a two-week trip to Jerez to focus exclusively on this unique beverage.”

Rafaedgere
    en respuesta a Javierbb

Javier haberme...

Ver mensaje de Javierbb

... puesto el ultimo parrafo, no que llevo dos horas traduciendo el texto. Fuera bromas ahora Parker que va a venir todos los años a España, a lo mejor se queda aquí a vivir, con lo que le costó venir.

Javierbb
    en respuesta a Rafaedgere

Re: Javier haberme...

Ver mensaje de Rafaedgere

Hola Rafa,

Pues no lo descartes, Piensa que así le quedaría más cerca Burdeos.... De todas formas insisto en lo de siempre, ese texto es de Miller.

Riaul
    en respuesta a Cachina

Ver mensaje de Cachina

Hola Juan Luis! Perdón por la tardanza pero he andado liado. No pongo la mano en el fuego, pero diría que es de Daniel solamente. En la etiqueta al menos no pone nada de Raúl, pero vamos... Que no lo podría asegurar. Ah! Me equivoqué... Son 97 points.

Bueno, mi opinion sobre la lista: creo que todos tenemos muy claro cómo funciona esto y que es un tema más comercial que otra cosa, pero para los neofitos puede ser orientativo. Por ejemplo, el Tagonius Cr 2004, que tuvo 91 puntos en su día. Conozco mucha gente que lo descubrió por esos 91 p. Y creo que es un vino bueno a un precio asequible. Al final, pese al caracter comercial de la lista, aunque nuna "vayan a estar todos", los que están, creo que si son buenos. Luego que cada uno decida que y cómo y a qué precio quiere beber vino... En fin: orientativamente a mi no me parece mal.
    Saludos

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar