Parker & Robinson... como que muy de acuerdo no están...

5 respuestas
    Juan Such
    en respuesta a jose

Robinson y Parker sobre el Chateau Pavie 2003

Ver mensaje de jose

Ya te he contestado en el foro en inglés pero pongo aquí también la respuesta para los que no lo visitan. Bien, todo este jaleo está en que a Jancis no le ha gustado el Pavie 2003 al catarlo (a ciegas) en primeur en Burdeos y Parker se ha enfadado y le ha dicho unas cuantas cositas como que Jancis le tiene manía a Gerard Perse, el propietario de la bodega en los últimos años.

La nota de cata de Jancis Robinson es la siguiente:

Ch Pavie 2003 St-Emilion Premier Grand Cru Classé
    Rating: 12/20 Drink: ?

";Deep blueish crimson. Completely unappetising overripe aromas. Why? Porty sweet. Oh REALLY! Port is best from the Douro not St Emilion. Ridiculous wine more reminiscent of a late harvest Zinfandel than a red bordeaux with its unappetising green notes. [I should make it clear that these notes, like the great majority, were written long before I knew what the wine was - and I have witnesses, necessary since I have been accused of being prejudiced against Monsieur Perse’s wines.]";

Y Parker escibe lo siguiente en su foro el 9 de April:

";I had Pavie four separate times, and,recognizing everyone’s taste is different,Pavie does not taste at all (for my palate) as described by Jancis. She has a lamentable and perplexing history of disliking not only all of Perse’s wines,but virtually all of the garagiste wines of St.Emilion. The irony is that she seems to be very fond of Le Pin, which some of these wines resemble, and is the inspiration for many of them. That is her opinion, and she will have to answer for it as all of us do that practice this rather whimsical craft.

These recent comments(assuming they are accurate) are very much in keeping with her nasty swipes at all the Pavies made by Perse(1998 onward),and mirror the comments of not only reactionaries in Bordeaux,but also segments of the wine trade that are furious with Perse over his pricing shenanigans...As most of you discussed, Francois Mauss and his jury of primarily Europeans reached different conclusions about the Perse wines in 1998 and 1999 because the wines are very classical,just more concentrated than many of their peers. Moreover, Perse is a lover of the great classic vintages of Bordeaux,and 1929 and 1947 right banks are his reference point...he would never drink or even produce a wine such as described by Jancis.

Moreover,the line about ";not knowing"; is funny....yes, one can do these tastings blind, but Pavie is the only premier grand cru estate to use an antique form of bottle that...even when covered up,stands out like a black sheep. Of course, she realizes as I do, that most consumers won’t even have a chance to offer their opinion until 2006...when the 2003 Pavie is bottled and released....two last thoughts to ponder...why do some people object so strenuously when dedicated young men and women try and take an obscure piece of property,and passionately attempt to produce something special? And somewhat related...what is wrong with these young Bordelais adopting time-honored Burgundy wine-making techiques...cold macerations, malolactic in barrel, an aging of the wine on its lees, and minimal fining and filtering in their efforts to maximize whatever terroir and vintage character that is available?";

http://fora.erobertparker.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=030597;p=2#000062

Tanzer parece coincidir más con Parker al recordar el vino:

";This is the last specific comment I will make before the publication of Issue 114, but I would like to briefly comment on the 2003 Pavie. Basically, Jancis Robinson’s note did not resemble the wine I tasted. (I did not taste the same sample she tasted, so I can’t tell you if her bottle was representative.) Yes, Pavie was picked extremely ripe and very late (until October 10), but it’s a hugely rich (14%+ alcohol) and impressive wine. I actually had the chance to retaste Pavie, blind, with the rest of the St. Emilion premiers crus classes (minus Cheval Blanc and Ausone, which do not participate in these group events) on Friday morning (yesterday), and it was the best of the bunch. What struck me at this second tasting was that despite its obvious superripeness and high level of ripe tannins, the wine had plenty of energy in the middle palate.
    by Steve Tanzer on Apr 10,2004";

Bueno, ahí están las opiniones directas. Yo creo que Jancis tiene todo el derecho del mundo a decir que ese vino no le gustó y que le parecía más un Oporto que un Burdeos. Otra de la liga anti-chapapote! :-)

THuRStoN
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Sin duda, que todo el apoyo a Jancis!!!

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Yo estoy 100% en su linea, no he catado el vino en cuestión pero el ataque directo de mr. CENSORED está fuera de luegar. Si ahora el oporto lo tenemos que comprar en St. Emilion espero que sea a precios de Douro :^).

THuRStoN^Peña Vilvao
    Azote de vinateros Chapapotiles :^)

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar