What’s the difference between a case of syrah and a case of pneumonia?

9 respuestas
    Comvinart
    en respuesta a jose

Re: What’s the difference between a case of syrah and a case of pneumonia?

Ver mensaje de jose

Verema in English...cool! (guay en castellano)
    I believe there is good Syrah in the States, but it is produced in small quantities and most of it is made by wineries that specialize in Cab, or Zin, and Syrah is the 2nd choice product. Very few specialize in Syrah and most of them are in Wash. state rather than California.
    I think that the way to increase popularity of American Syrah, should begin in restaurants, by recommendation of sommeliers and by offering it as a first choice with Syrah friendly dishes. And then, I believe that wineries should work to change Syrah to a speciality wsine rather than a 2nd choice.
    Another mistake I think is the term "Rhone Rangers" applied to wines made with Syrah and Grenache. I´d rather buy a good Cotes du Rhone than a Rhone Ranger, but if it was advertized as a Syrah or Grenache with American character, that is a different story.
    I have a Syrah from "K" vintners, who specialize in Syrah from Colimbia Valley. I will taste it, probably this year and i will post the tasting note in verema.

jose
    en respuesta a Comvinart

Ver mensaje de Comvinart

The english side (aka quiet side ;) ) has been overhere during a couple of years. Recently moved and embbeded on the common verema-tool-bar ;)))

Anyway, in my opinion the crux of the (this) matter is that maybe Syrah increased significantly its consumption in last years. 'Sideways' collateral damage... I guess... Perhaps it's decreasing as fast as it grew...

On the other hand, and maybe I've got a strong biased spanish/european point of view, I dare that USA wines are absolutely unknown out of their borders even among winegeeks. Many words written about that ooooooooold Paris' Judgement, but what's the reality in our glasses?

Cheers,

Jose

Comvinart
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

Well it is my job as a wine distributer and restauranteur to let customers know them.
    In 30 min, I`m about to start a wine tasting with US wines: Mondavi, Ravenswood (both owned boy constellation), Bernardus wines, and Bergstrom winery (small boutique wineries - wines being imported by me. this is the first time these couple of wineries export their wines... it is difficult to find them outside of Calif / Oregon.
    Check out my web page: www.comvinart.com

Comvinart
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

It went great, despite some of our guests are still on vacations.
    And it was very illustrative.
    First time tasters enjoyed more the wines from Mondavi (white or blush Zin, Napa Cab) and Ravenswood (Old Vine Zin). These wines are easy drinkin but not exesively complex.
    The tasters who know and drink wines every now and then liked Bergstrom (Chard. and Pinot Noir in burgundy style)and Bernardus wines (Chardonnay and full bodied Merlot). These are more complex wines with much more aromas, longer lived, nice acidity, etc..)
    After that I "had" to attend an invitation with fellow veremero Daniel P Whitaker and a French Sommelier to taste German, Alsace and Austrian Rieslings, Brunello, and Barolo. That's a complete different story.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar