Rioja wine style

5 respuestas
    Jandir_Passos

Rioja wine style

I`m an great fan of Vina Tondonia. I`d like to know other Rioja Bodegas who has the similar style like vina tondonia.

Thanks

RayQ
    en respuesta a Jandir_Passos

Re: Rioja wine style

Ver mensaje de Jandir_Passos

Jandir,
    In my experience the wines of Lopez de Heredia are pretty much one of a kind.
    I prefer their Bosconia to Tondonia.

The most similar wines in my opinion are made by La Rioja Alta- try the 904.
    Bodegas Muga's Prado Enea is another.

hope this helps.

WaltZalenski

Believe it or not, Jandir, questions as simple and innocent as this have repeatedly raised storms of controversy on wine boards. The definition of modern versus traditional are less than clear. Some people's definition of "traditional" is so narrow as to disqualify all but one contemporary producer, López de Heredia-Viña Tondonia. It is a wonderful institution that continues to make singular wines, but limiting the definition to a field of one does not seem responsive to your question.

If one accepts as "traditional" Riojas that (1) are less extracted (2) made from the traditional Rioja coupage, (3) aged American oak, and (4) intended to emphasize with bottle age secondary and tertiary flavors and smells, then the following can be considered: CVNE, La Rioja Alta, Beronia, Marqués de Riscal, Paternina, El Coto, Vina Valoria, Riojanas, Ondarre, Martínez Lacuesta, Bilbainas, Peciña, Marqués de Legarda, Corral, and quite a few more. Needless to say, there are quality differences among this group. These producers typically don't get the attention of the international wine press, so their export markets are more limited. Moreover, some of these producers may choose to make special cuvees that are more modern, but that also should not disqualify all their production from consideration as traditional.

In addition, even for certain Riojas that many consider prototypically modern, proper bottle age (at least a decade or more) yields fewer differences from traditional Rioja. I've recently been enjoying 1996 Torre Muga, for example, and, despite its original modern orientation, the wine now unmistakably proclaims its Rioja origins - it can be mistaken for nothing else. Tempranillo based wines in general, and the typical Rioja coupage in particular, are some of the most cellarworthy wines in the world. You would do well to explore whether some of what appeals to you about Tondonia can be found in other Riojas with sufficient bottle age.

Jandir_Passos
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Thanks fou your concerns Walter.
    Well, I think that doesen`t an exact definition on what`s an classical(or tradicional) style but always one speaks about this question I think in terms of great wines as Vega Sicilia Unico, Chateau Haut Brion, Barca Velha, Bodegas Marqués de Murrieta Rioja Castillo Ygay and so on as emblematic samples of what`s to be "classical" wine style, in oppositive profile Parker(parketizated wines). In general lines I agree with you(although I consider french oak, too) For me, an producer can use modern technology and even it make great classical wines(in oppositive to fruit bomb parkerized...). So, I`m happy to know there are fews bodega that don`t get the attention of international press, yet.

Cheers

benitosantos

Its a one of a kind winery in their white wines. in the idea of red wines there are quite a few who have not gone to the new small french oak barrels and over powering ripness. i like ranirez de pisina. their reserves and grand reservas are similar in style to tondonia. the reserve from Marques de Riscal, Marques del puerto, Marques de vitoria, and paternina has some great simple wines at inexpensive prices. the wines hold out well and i enjoy them alot.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar