Question re: Grans Muralles (Torres) 2001

4 respuestas
    WaltZalenski

Question re: Grans Muralles (Torres) 2001

I few years ago placed a futures order for a case of the '01 Grans Muralles through a US retailer. The wine has not yet been release in the US and I have been told that the delay is due to the fact that prior vintages have not sold out here. I have had all prior vintages of this wine and my impression, at least in some lesser vintages, is that this wine should not be cellared for many years. I am curious as to whether the '01 may already in its drinking window. Does anyone located where the wine actually is available have an opinion about this? Thanks.

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Question re: Grans Muralles (Torres) 2001

Ver mensaje de jose

Thanks. I saw that review and it, as well as my past experience with other vintages, makes me worry that I should at least start to be drinking this wine (especially if I had a full case in the cellar).

I can understand the business sense of Torres not releasing the wine in the US if prior vintages have not sold out. But, if they accepted futures orders, I would have hoped for more reasonable timing. This isn't Unico.

My personal impression is all of the Torres wines are not doing as well in the US market a they used to. But Grans Muralles, in particular, must really be difficult to sell here. It is expensive and obscure, and I suspect that most of it is sold in Catalonia.

jose
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Looks quite odd as selling policy indeed :-? Nowadays, with the economical picture we all have, I think there's no winery who can admit not selling a bottle... I think so... maybe Torres can do this.
    I don't know the price overthere. Anyway it's an expensive wine in Spain as well, and the market for this kind of prices doesn't look sooooo optimistic like it was a couple of years ago and it's not so easy selling this wines.

Regards,

Jose

benitosantos
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Good moring,
    here in spain we are past the 2001 vintage and on our way to the 2003.
    if i were you i would demande that they serve the wine you paid for or ask for your money back. it is not a great storage wine.
    good luck

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar