Off-topic: Welsh rarebit question.

22 respuestas
    jose
    en respuesta a suiko

My mom says the same about me ;))))

Ver mensaje de suiko

Sometimes I’ve this melted cheese on roasted bread as breakfast. Some soft manchego, or Eddam, or soft Gouda. When I wanna do this for dinner... better in winter! I use Provolone with some touch of oregano. Yummi :) and if you melt it enough you can use it as a dipping dinner.

Thanks and regards,

Jose

jose
    en respuesta a suiko

That mixture of beer, flour and yolk...

Ver mensaje de suiko

Is known as Orly sauce. Quite similar to tempura if you do it well. If any of you’ve ever tasted some ’pescaito frito’ (fried fish) in Spain and some other fried things (known as ’fritura’) most of them (when are well done) are made using this kind of Orly sauce. Unfortunately this recipe is going lost in this fast times where even this mixture are pre-made and bought in supermarket :-(

Regards,

Jose

jose
    en respuesta a rikiwigley

I’ve got a couple of recipes...

Ver mensaje de rikiwigley

One is the mentioned mixture with flour, beer, butter (I’d use EVOO, you know ;), cheese, a pinch of moutard-in-grain, white ground pepper and salt; and after oven touch, the hint of Worcestershire (adding or not the yolk in the initial mixture). If you like it you can add a touch of red hot chilli pepper (I don’t know how to properly translate ’guindilla’ or ’cayena’)
    The second one is with creme fraiche, a pinch of moutard-in-grain, salt, white ground pepper, cheese (again the touch of ’guindilla’, I don’t whether a yolk or not; touch of oven and when slightly roasted we add the touch of Worcestershire.
    This second one looks pretty yummi if we spread a tomato chutney on toasted bread, and over it the Welsh-mixture.
    Well... finally I don’t know whether add a yolk or not ;))))
    Anyway, when I was seeing the recipe and how it looks Gravonia jumped on my mind! :))))))))

Regards,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a suiko

Re: Off-topic: Welsh rarebit question.

Ver mensaje de suiko

Well Suiko,
    my wife often makes chips at home ....but she’s Spanish !

Jose,
    I’d assume it’s the whole egg ! but the recipe is more simple in my experience.

rikiwigley
    en respuesta a jose

Re: eating fish and chips.....,

Ver mensaje de jose

Well once you get to the fish and chip shop, and have ordered cod and chips ( haddock, ’rock’- a type of dogfish and hake are all alternatives to cod) then you must specify whether you want to eat in the restaurant or take the meal away. In the restaurant you get a nice plate and knife and fork and eat the normal way. You might add ’mushy peas’ or eat it with a gherkin or a saveloy . In parts of the north of England you may also be offered curry sauce for your chips but salt and malt vinegar is universally considered the best.

If you ask for a ’take away’ then your meal would be wrapped in newspaper - until the food health people intervened. Now it comes in hygenic plastic trays. Call me nostalgic but I used to love eating fish and chips from a newspaper..........

Of course you could take it home and eat it too.

And for those whose appetite is whetted by this you can buy good fish and chips in Javier in a seafront cafe.

They even serve a mug of English tea to wash it all down.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Este sitio web usa cookies para analizar la navegación del usuario. Política de cookies.
Cerrar