Oak aged traditional Rioja’s

6 respuestas
    rikiwigley

Oak aged traditional Rioja’s

Ver mensaje de rikiwigley

Several years ago we used to be able to buy (in the UK ) oak aged riojas - notably from Tondonia. In the 2.5 years we have lived in Valencia I have not seen or tasted anything like them - they were particularly good with smoked salmon at Xmas.

Does anyone know where you can find these wines here in the Valencia region or a suitable alternative ( Spanish.) Albarino is ok but lacks the depth and only good Burgundy’s such as Mearsault or Puligny come close?

Riki

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a rikiwigley

Re: Oak aged traditional Rioja’s

Hi there, one of the best things of classic Rioja wines is that they are quite different form other wines in Spain... Anyway, it is really easy to find wines like Tondonia or Bosconia in Valencia, off-line is shops like Mantequerias Castillo or on-line in our shop.... In addition, a nice experience that I will recommend you is to try an old Jean Leon –no that easy to find-, or a rather expensive alternative are Vega Sicilia wines... probably better to start with Valbuena.

Cheers!

Guiri
    en respuesta a rikiwigley

Hi Riki, I suppose you mean the ";old style"; white Rioja. I used to like the Puerta Vieja White Crianza, but this wine is not available anymore in the old style. Recently Bodegas Tobia from Rioja has come up with very good white crianza. If I recall well his whte crianza won a Baco de Oro this year or last year. It shouldn’t be that difficult to find it in Valencia.
    Guiri

rikiwigley
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Many thanks Paco, I’ll do some browsing on-line. As Guiri guessed it was the white riojas I was referring to. I have been fortunate enough to taste the occasional bottle of Leon and there are some Valbuenas in the cellar unopened from a trip to Rioja 20 years ago. It is probably time to ease a cork or two out now! Riki

rikiwigley
    en respuesta a Guiri

Ver mensaje de Guiri

Many thanks Guiri, it was indeed the white wines I was asking for. I will look around for them as up to now I have only seen the red Tondonia.

Regards Riki

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar