Jacob’s Creek screwcap

28 respuestas
    jose
    en respuesta a suiko

Yep... but I use to think that we’re...

Ver mensaje de suiko

The big minority ;) How do you think that the no-oeno-geeks see this change to screwcap overthere? In Spain... quite slow market for this changes and I think that they’ll have problems to sell these screwcapped wines if they don’t make a marketing effort.

Regards.

Jose

Midi
    en respuesta a suiko

Re: Yep... but I use to think that we’re...

Ver mensaje de suiko

Today, I was talking with a group of wine drinkers here in the United States and most of them would prefer it if more Spanish white wines arrived here with screwcaps rather than cork.

suiko
    en respuesta a suiko

Re: Yep... but I use to think that we’re...

Ver mensaje de suiko

At the start people (i.e. non wine geeks!) mostly thought of screwcaps as cheap. But because of all the quality wine from good producers now in screwcap - now almost 100% of all wine from NZ and a number of good Australian + S African producers too, as well as some top European ones like Ernie Loosen, who is now bottling Rieslings capable of ageing at least 20 years exclusively in screwcap - I think that perception has changed.

jose
    en respuesta a suiko

Loosen bottling screwcap for aging? Woah!

Ver mensaje de suiko

Do you know if he’s made some experiment or the consummer is the experiment itself? It’d be very interesting to know this point, ’cos IMNSHO I won’t buy any bottle of any winery that use us as an experiment. If they wines age nicely when screwcapped, great! But if they don’t have checked it before... what kind of lack of ethic is this???

Thanks and regards,

Jose

jose
    en respuesta a suiko

But what’s the reason for this...

Ver mensaje de suiko

Preference? I’m pretty sure that if a make a survey between not winegeeks they’ll look me from head to toe and their answer would be a sort of tradition, but what’s the point when the screwcap is the preferred one?

Thanks and regards,

Jose

suiko
    en respuesta a suiko

Re: So that’s perfect...

Ver mensaje de suiko

I think there is quite a bit of evidence on ageing with screwcap - the Australians have done quite a lot, I think. No one (apart from Loosen) seems to be ageing their keepers in screwcap (yet, at least), but how many wines do we keep beyond five years or so? Ok, probably quite a lot for us geeks, but most people - no way! I would have to think Loosen knows what he’s doing. Personally I’d rather have screwcap for wines to be drunk young, for obvious reasons, and most wine geeks here seem to feel the same.

jose
    en respuesta a suiko

Many wines indeed for more than 5 years...

Ver mensaje de suiko

We’re winegeeks for sure buuuut... well, it’s a risk I won’t pay and if this bet from Loosen doesn’t goes so well he will loose not only fast money (the regular incoming from young wines) but their reputation as winery making wines that worth ageing for more than... 5 years! ;)

Regards,

Jose

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar