Verdejo - the new Sauvignon?

16 respuestas
    hvpl
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Palacia de Bornos Verdejo

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Thanks for the response.
    Would you consider it representative of Rueda’s better Verdejo? We do get quite a few Australian versions of Verdejo. Unfortunately, there is some confusion with the name of this grape and the grape that is used for Marsala (I think). Not too sure which variety is being planted in Australia.
    Perhaps the guys at Verema could comment?

No, unfortunately we do not get many examples of Rueda’s wines in Singapore.

hvpl
    en respuesta a hvpl

Ver mensaje de hvpl

Sorry, the grape is verdelho from Portugal and used to make Madiera. Apparently, this is the variety being used in Australia(?). Not the Spanish Verdejo.

suiko
    en respuesta a hvpl

Ver mensaje de hvpl

The Bornos one is definitely Verdejo, not Verdelho! Tho I’ve never had a varietal Verdelho - they usually blend it with Semillon or Chardonnay in Oz, no?

hvpl
    en respuesta a hvpl

Re: Verdelho

Ver mensaje de hvpl

In Australia, they do everything. But, yes, Veldelho is usually mono-varietal, without oak, fresh & crisp. I particularly enjoy examples from Western Australia.

It tends to be heavier from the Hunter Valley.

Similar comments about Australian Semillon.

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

I agree about Jose Pariente. I express no opinion about the best oaked verdejo since the whole idea of these wines seems misconceived to me. I don’t think oak blends well with the flavor profile of verdejo nor do I think that barrel fermentation is a good idea for a grape variety that is so sensitive to oxygen.

kikito68
    en respuesta a hvpl

Ver mensaje de hvpl

Hi,

I love this wine. Unfortunately at this moment I don’t have in my mind the exact words to describe it, but I love it.
    Also very useful the small size bottles that they produce, it’s a little whim that my pocket can afford in any moment and I really enjoy together with any sea food.

Kind regards,

Kike

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar