Txakolí overseas?

22 respuestas
    WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Txakolí overseas?

Ver mensaje de jose

Although one might not think that it appeals to American tastes, Txakolí has become quite commonly available in the US in the last two years or so. I have seen it in most of the stores from which I purchase wine.

Álvaro Girón
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Walt

Any reason explaining txakoli’s wide availability in the US? I wonder whether it has something to do with a general improvement in quality or perhaps it’s linked with the existence of a Basque community (in former years rather limited to an obscure corner in Idaho).

Cheers

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a Álvaro Girón

Ver mensaje de Álvaro Girón

I really do not know. I seriously doubt, however, that Txakolí is becoming available to meet the demands of the Basque community in the US, which is very very small. Nor do I think that vast quantities of the wine are being sold. Rarely will a store have more than one or two varieties Txakolí and it is definately veiwed as an inexpensive novelty. It is a little like Verdejo wines from Rueda, which started to be seen here about a year or two before Txakolí (and are no doubt more popular).

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a suiko

Ver mensaje de suiko

I should clarify: the distribution of Txakolí in the US today is similar in certain respects to the distribution of Verdejo in the US about 3 years ago. Whether it will become as popular as Verdejo has now become is yet to be seen.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar