Wines of Rafael Cambra

32 respuestas
    reindieben

Wines of Rafael Cambra

Ver mensaje de reindieben

Just signed in on the Verema Website. I think it’s very good to have a website like Verema, because it will stimulate people to change information about the new generation of wines faster.
    Italy has a same kind of website (www.veronelli.com). Typical that France hasn’t got a website like this!

I have a question regarding the winemaker Rafael Cambra. Has anybody got comments on his wines (Valencia UNO & DOS) and has anybody got any background info on him?

Kind regards,

Rein

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a reindieben

Re: Wines of Rafael Cambra

Welcome !

I can’t help you with your inquiry but, particularly because this producer is in D.O. Valencia, I’m sure you have come to the right place and the Verema locals will have all the information you could possibly want.

reindieben
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Mister Zalenski thanks for your reply.

I have a question regarding the tasting notes. As I’am both a winelover and merchant of Rare Wines I have a very big collection
    of wine notes (Coche-Dury, Auvenay, Rayas, Rare red Bordeaux, Super Tuscans , Finca Villacreces, Pingus, Wines of Telmo Rodriguez, Vina Izadi ...) Would they be of any help for the tasting notes?
    As I said I’am a very big winelover and happen to be in the trade as well. I’am happy that website like Verema can contribute to exchange of wine-knowledge! But I don’t know if it’s a real problem that I’am also in the WineTrade-business?

Please let me know what your opinion is on this matter.

WaltZalenski

Paco or Juan or others from the official verema management team can answer this policy question. I’m sure they will respond soon.

I personally would be interested in your TNs of Spanish wine, but I certainly know that other similar websites feel it is essential to exclude commercial interests.

Juan Such

Rein, I am one of the moderators of Verema.com.

There isn’t any problem publishing TNs even if you are in the trade because you have explicited your relationship with the wine trade. In the near future we will have public profiles for registered users in the English side of Verema (it’s already in the Spanish side when you click in the nick of a user) and you will be able to make more explicit this relationship.

Juan Such

Hi Rein, welcome to this forum! The last Friday I had the opportunity of trying all the wines from Rafa Cambra at the IV Verema Encounter. I quite liked Uno (made from Monastrell grapes).

There are some TNs of Uno and Dos in the Spanish side:

Uno 2002: https://www.verema.com/comunidad/vinoscatados/vino.asp?vino=5340

Dos 2002 (Cabernet sauvignon and Cabernet franc): https://www.verema.com/comunidad/vinoscatados/vino.asp?vino=8849

Cheers!

reindieben
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

The wines of Rafael Cambra are a sensation to me. The DOS is probably
    regarding price/quality the best red I tasted so far from Spain, together with the Vina Izadi Crianza 2001.

The UNO is a wine that should reach a serious status (probably cultstatus, regarding the small volumes) within a couple of years.
    In Holland it has all ready that status as I organised a blind tasting (with top sommeliers) with Domaine Tempier Speciale Cuvees (Bandol king of Mouvedre)and Valencia UNO. Only the special cuvees La Tourtine and Cabassoa went slightly ahead. The Migoa and Special Cuvee didn’t reach the level of Valencia UNO.

If you make a 100% Monastrell that can challange Domaine Tempier’s top cuvees, you just make bloody good wine, especially when you know Rafael Cambra isn’t that old!

WaltZalenski

Interesting comments about this wine, which unfortunately I have not tried and which I don’t think is imported to the US where I live. I see Paco Higón, who is one of the Verema insiders, only rated the wine 7.6.

In all honestly, at the moment I can’t recall ever having a wine from D.O Valencia other than some Murviedro ’Los Monteros,’ which was far less than memorable. I know that, relatively speaking, there are not many producers. But, as verema is based in Valencia, I hope we will hear a better informed assessment of the D.O.

Rein, have you tried Casa Castillo ’Pie Franco,’ which is certainly one of the better Monastrells I have tried? If so, how do you think UNO compares.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar