Momma says life is like a box of chocolates...

10 respuestas
    WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a BenjaminBerjon

Re: At The Windows on The World...

Ver mensaje de BenjaminBerjon

I have read reports citing that, in one case, the cork industry itself admits that 1.2% of wine is harmed by TCA and, in another case, 2%. My estimated 1 in 25 (4%) is double that but not inconsistent with the rate of corked wine found at large organized tastings. The National Riesling Challenge in Australia found that more than 10% of corked wines suffered from TCA. At a recent International Wine Challenge in London, 4% indicated TCA.

pdxtc
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: Momma says life is like a box of chocolates...

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

I would estimate that at least 1 in 10 wines I taste have some degree of taint from the cork, while maybe only half of those exhibit true TCA influence. I will take bottles home from work each night of the week and it is a rare week that at least one is not affected by TCA. As a retailer I am embarassed that so many of my customers might just not like the wine thinking that that is how it is supposed to taste. I would expect the industry to take more responsibility, as it reflects poorly on their product and likely loses them business.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar