Washington Bierzo

28 respuestas
    Gastronauta
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Drinkability

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

I see we all agree on the prematureness of drinking Paixar now (I only sampled it in January!). P3 was most approachable in February. The problem is I don’t recall ever having had a ";great"; bottle of Cepas Viejas. The first bottlings had an immediate charm that faded just as easily. I ignore if they recovered after a dumb phase, but at the time I was sure (ie ’sure’) that they were fading.
    Now the winery has kicked the quality level a good two notches with P3 but the QPR of Cepas Viejas is still outstanding. That’s something I found in Palacios’s first couple of generic Bierzos. In fact--in my memory--they were pretty similar.
    The new Corullón I just don’t get... (?)

Gastronauta
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

2002s

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

About the 2002 vintage I just returned (literally) from Madrid where many 2002s were presented. No Bierzos (no sherry either) but a handful of great (ie GREAT) wines.
    Most 2002s seem far more approachable than most vintages (Leda, Mogador, Martinet) but in some cases this is perceived as a weakness (Dofí). I’m not a keeper, so I must say that the approachability of some wines was no fault to me as long as it didn’t come with green notes or unbalanced alcohol, but some 2002s were superb: Termanthia, Pintia, Leda (textbook beast so far), Finca Terrerazo, Malleolus de Valderramiro, Hiru, Pujanza Norte... Of course some faded in the comparison vs their own 2001 (notably, at this moment at least, El Pisón) while others seem to have benefited (Pintia was ready to drink TODAY though it won’t be released un til March or so, Finca Terrerazo had a truly Gorgeous perfume, etc).
    So maybe a bad vintage is a good thing every now and then, so that vintners remember that the oak recipe can--and often should--be corrected downwards...

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar