Spain 1 : Greece 1

16 respuestas
    N_Neocleous
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Re: Regarding Greek wines...

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Juan,

I am glad the group enjoyed them and thanks for the link. I have tried numbers 4 & 5 wines. I am still getting use to the many new producers/styles of Greek wines. So much wine to try, so little time/money. ;>)

Nicos

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a N_Neocleous

Re: Regarding Greek Food & Spanish Wines...

Ver mensaje de N_Neocleous

On Thursday I’m attending an 8-course dinner featuring Spanish wine and (mostly) Greek food. It should be interesting. Here’s the menu:

1+1=3 Cava with Falafel and Havuc Koftesi

Neo 2001 with Mavrofassoula Me Loucaniko and Spanakopita

Astrales 2001 with Lagos Krassatos Me Fakies adn Cabbages Dolmades

Mancuso 2002 with Ortiki Gemisto me Domata ke Feta and Kolokithokeftedes

Gran Elias Mora 2001 with Pork Looin Visne-Demi and Rice Pilaf with pistashios and dates

Neo Punta Essencia 2001 with Beef Tenderloin with Argyros Vinsanto sauce and Manitaria Saganaki

Palomero 2001 with Hunkar Bengendi and Kolokithakia

Silvano Garcia Monastrell 2003 with Pasteries

It all sounds delicious but potentially deadly.

MaJesus
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Have fun Walt! ... I do not know some few of the wines, and have no idea about the food :)) ... but greek food is wonderful, so mediterranean, with all those veggies, herbs, olive oil ... and smelling so well!! ... hmmm, hmmmm ... Enjoy it, and tell us about it afterwards! ... if you can, I mean (it does sound a bit deadly :))

I’ve seen that there is another Washingtonian forumite now ... I never go to have Spanish food when I’m in the States, of course, but maybe I’ll have second thoughts on my next trip there :-DD

nite-nite

MaJesus

MaJesus
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

I forgot ... I did have the 1+1=3, not the cava, but a still white ... I did nor like it all so much: it was my first TN never ever :)) (I haven’t learnt much ever since, I must admit)

nite-nite again

MaJesus

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

In Washington DC, Taberna del Albardero is having a special menu during the month of June - wine/food of Rioja with a fixed price of $75. I just tried it on Friday and it was fantastic - and also a great deal.

White Muga 2002 with grilled white asparagus

Qertos 2001 with sauteed mushrooms and garlic

Pujanza 1999 with tuna with grilled lettuce hearts and Serrano ham

Allende 2000 with white bean puree with seared pork belly crackling

Torre Muga with lamb chops and piquillo peppers

and finally peach poached in Rioja red wine.

The food and service are up to the restaurant’s customary high standards, but one of the remarkable things to me was that the meticulous pairings made a dinner featuring moderately priced wines truly memorable.

(To be truthful, we really could not resist at least one of the additional offerings from the restaurant’s notable wine list. So sometime towards the end of the meal we got a bottle of the 1998 Torres Reserva Real - a wine that seems to be about as rare as a rhinoceros horn at an Asian bazaar. To the best of my knowledge, it is unavailably anywhere else in the US and can only be found at Taberna.)

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

I know you’ve mentioned Durham before. What brings you there?

In any event, it would be great if you could stop by for a visit. And, if you like, we could get something other than Spanish food. But Spanish wine will be required, I’m afraid.

MaJesus
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

I have a couple research projects with people in different Universities and Institutions in the Triangle, I participate in research programs, I do some research work with people in Duke, give seminars, attend seminars ... things like these, which remind me what I really like about academic life; when I come back to Spain I’m totally overwhelmed with bureaucracy :-((( ... I’ll keep my eyes open for opportunities to visit DC and keep you posted (even if I have to sacrifice and drink Spanish wine ;-DDD ).

cheers,

Susie

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar