Maybe a silly question...

15 respuestas
    suiko
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Re: Ok, Ok, terrible translation...

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

That’s OK, as a proponent of mestizaje in most of its forms, I like to see all the seintersting deformations of English in its transformation into an international language!

MaJesus
    en respuesta a Norje

This one is brilliant ;)

Ver mensaje de Norje

... or maybe ";leeve river"; (with a grammar mistake in the Spanish version ;)

maJesus

ps.- I am checking if I can write here also ;) ... I sort of discovered that I can introduce things in verema.com if I hit ";send"; more than once if it gets stuck ...

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a suiko

Re: Ok, Ok, terrible translation...

Ver mensaje de suiko

Jejeje, it’s not only ";peculiar"; but it also results ";familiar"; to me..... Has any ";forumite"; gained access to our control panel ???We’ll ";from the lost to the river";....... (that’s the Spanglish translation of: ";in for a penny, in for a pound";.... ;)))

MaJesus
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

I did not know the British counterpart, thanks!

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

... and it seems more obvious than the Spanish one .... for the English Speakers, our saying might be maybe translated as ";once lost, lets head to the river"; ... or something similar. The ";slang"; version is a word-by-word funy translation, as when we say ";if, between"; to mean ";yes, come in"; ... lenguages are really fun ;)

MaJesus

jose
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Sometimes it guide us to fun misinterpretations...

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

Today one of my colleagues (spanish, of course ;) has been saying ";falling"; for a while (cayendo in spanish) talking about the error that appears in a pop-up window... Well... the real word was ";failing"; #)
    I thought I was the only one who use to make this kind of mistakes ;)))

cheers,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar