Maybe a silly question...

15 respuestas
    Norje

Maybe a silly question...

Ver mensaje de Norje

I`ve just seen on the specifications of the ";Pintia"; in ";verema wine club"; that the ";Tinta de Toro"; grape has been translated as ";Ink of bull"; Isn´t it a bizarre translation?
    ";Tinta"; has nothing to do with ";ink"; because it refers to the red kind of grape (o black, maybe) and Toro is not the animal, but a region, so it could better be ";Red of Toro"; or something like that, anyway, I don´t see any reason to translate that as we don´t translate pinot noir or gewurtztraminer...

I want to know if I am wrong...

jesus norje, Peña Bilbao

suiko
    en respuesta a Norje

Re: Maybe a silly question...

Ver mensaje de Norje

But why oh why is anyone stupid enough to translate the names of grapes anyway? Haven’t seen ";Little Early One"; on any bottles of Tempranillo...

But I have bought Tinta de Toro here, labelled as Tinta de Toro!

Norje
    en respuesta a suiko

Re: Maybe a silly question...

Ver mensaje de suiko

It remains me of a joke we (my friends and I) played at school doing word to word silly translations of common expresions and sayings, for example we said ";to the parrot"; instead of ";al loro"; (wich means in slang ";be careful";) ja ja ja

suiko
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Re: Ok, Ok, terrible translation...

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Oops! sorry! I didn’t realise it was you!

But we rarely translate names of regions, grapes etc unless they are already established in the language. As a translator I see a lot of bad translation. If you need any help, just mail me

[email protected]

Mark

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar