The 25 best NEW wine producers according to Jancis

16 respuestas
    JoanF
    en respuesta a JoanF

Jaume I + Abadal

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Hello Walt,

I’m quite astonished about your knowledge of Jaume I and Catalonia.. how did you get that knowledge (if I can ask it)? Did you get it through a bottle of Grans Muralles (I’m joking :^DDDD).

Regarding Abadal, I tried the white Picapoll (a re-discovered white grape), and Cabernet-Franc as red wine, but I didn’t see any othre wines around here (hey, sometimes catalan/spanish market is so queer that perhaps US can get more wines than I do). Which Abadals have you tried?

Salut!

Joan

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: Jaume I + Abadal

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Easy answer. My girlfriend is a Mallorquina. Plus I’ve been traveling to Barcelona regularly for 5-6 years and have read probably every history book in English about the city and Catalonia generally.

I think Abadal’s Picapoll is an exciting wine. While some of the best Abadal wines are imported to the US, I’ve tried almost all of them at the winery. I think the Cabernet-Franc wine that you tried is actually an unusual blend of Cab-Franc and Tempranillo. I recommend the Seleccio which, characteristic of Pla de Bages, has wonderful aromas of wild herbs, particulary lavendar. (Seleccio is made from 40% Cab, 40% Cab-Franc, and 20% Syrah.) Also the 2003 Merlot will be a great wine for the price.

Besides the Picapoll, I recall being told by Joan Soler, Abadal’s thoughtful and sincere winemaker, about some other almost-extinct grapes that they may have identified. Whether or not these discoveries lead to new wine, I think this bodega has a bright future.

JoanF
    en respuesta a JoanF

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Good! I was very surprised!

By the way, from which part of the US are you? (just curious, you don’t need to answer).

Does your girlfriend like wine too?

Then, when you come to Barcelona, you can find great cavas... also, Terrassa (my hometown) is just 30km away...

Salut!

Joan

MaJesus
    en respuesta a JoanF

Ver mensaje de JoanF

It’s a niiiiccceee place! I tend to visit DC at least once during my Fall visits to North Carolina (I miss the city-like feeling). If you ever get lost in The Triangle in the Fall let me know! ... but you get so very many more wines in DC than in Durham ... still, it would be fun ...

cheers,

Susie

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar