March/11 wines.

0 respuestas
    jose

March/11 wines.

- Domaine A. et P. de Villaine "Les Clous" 2007. Appellation Bourgogne Contrôlée (14-15 EUR)
    Comfortable. Not a demanding wine, but don't ask for anything else than it is. One of those quaffs you can't avoid everytime you see a bottle of this stuff.

- Alain Graillot Crozes Hermitage 2006. Valle del Ródano. (18.6 EUR)
    Waking-up at countryside. Walking among thym, rosemary, rockrose, pennyroyal and wild camomille. Tapenade,
    smoke. Some animal hints, fresh meat, tobacco. It worths waiting.

- La Bota de Fino 18. Equipo Navazos - Valdespino. DO Jerez y Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda
    People may say don't like this kind of wines, 'cos they're strong, soft, pungent, thin, fat or acid. Because this wines work only as aperitif, some olives or almonds or just for the Feria and blah, blah, blah... It's soooo good. It's there with meat, with a fish stew, with cheese, with any kind of cured meat. It's in the front or in the back just in the place where it's to be. The situation of fine would be absolutely different with more of this stuff on shelves.

- El Castro de Valtuille 2009. Bodegas y Viñedos Castro Ventosa. DO Bierzo (4.8 EUR)
    I do always say the same. I know it's so boring listening always the same sentence, but how nice is mencia without make-up. Fat and round shaped tannins, herbaceous hints, touch of smoke here, touch of bitterness there... No make-up for mencia please!

- Blanco Nieva Verdejo Pie Franco 2009. Viñedos de Nieva. DO Rueda (8.6 EUR)
    Excelent, as usual. It's easy to say, but every vintage is amazingly good. It's in a fruit phase now.

- Guímaro 2009. Pedro M. Rodríguez Pérez. DO Ribeira Sacra (7.9 EUR)
    Great example of mencia. Nice mencia for those who doesn't know this grape. Nice mencia for all those that know this grape. All you can expect and an absolutely silky sip.

- Carles Andreu Trepat 2008. Caves Carles Andreu. DO Conca de Barberà (10.07 EUR)
    As excellent as the preceding bottle. A photo of the last one. Fresh, vivid, light and deeply spicy.

- Domaine de Chassorney, Combe Bazin, 2008. (18.9 EUR in an off from 31.9 EUR)
    Here and there? This stuff is among oak and other things. Nice but... It's not bad, but it doesn't make me say
    it's quite gooood. Ok, I drink it, but there are things that I would put away and many others I miss.

- Tomenelo 2007. Clos Ouvert. Valle del Maule. (16 EUR)
    Nice. Thym, rosemary, eucalyptus and hint of bayleaf covering red grape skin. It's not a complex wine, but enoughly good quaff. I'd drink it again, but not for this price.

- Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon Blanc 2009. AOC Chinon (14-15 EUR)
    What happened? Yep, it's ok, it's nice but... boring? Sadly far of the '07 vintage bottle drank a couple of months ago.

Cheers,

Jose

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar