Jan/11 wines...

2 respuestas
    jose

Jan/11 wines...

and my first flu of the year... sigh...

- Bedeau 2007. Domain de Chassornay. AOC Borgoña (19.9 EUR in an off coming from 24 EUR)
    Cherries galore. Cherries, cherries and finally... more cherries! Well, there're also an i-don't-kno-what of astringency and spicy hints that appears to clap how charming is this wine when it's a good bottle.

- Luneau Papin Excelsior "Clos des Noëlles" 2004. AOC Muscadet de Sevre et Maine Sur Lie. (16.5 EUR)
    Taste like… It smells like… I don’t know. Maybe I’m temporary blurred, but I don’t find the right words to write about how this wine smells or tastes. Maybe it’s ‘cos I’m also wondering what I’m doing? Tasting? Does it make any sense when we’re trying to enjoy a glass of wine? Vivid, oily, it moves gracefully. Some times sharp, some times silky. More

- Les Sorts Vinyes Velles 2005. Celler El Masroig. DO Montsant (14-15 EUR)
    It's been an unexpectedly nice quaff. I was expecting a bit more than I use to appreciate in a wine and I was wrong. It's been a nice quaff, with everything ok and a couple of nuances unexpected.

- Patio 2007. Samuel Cano Enológica, S.L. DO La Mancha (5-7 EUR)
    Impeccable. The most tuned Patio I've drank. Fruit, anis, balsamic, spicy. Patio is Patio.

- Patio Selección 2007. Samuel Cano Enológica, S.L. DO La Mancha (8-10 EUR)
    Competent. Anyway I think it's more enjoyable its little brother "the basic", or it's just my taste, but well
    despite I find this wine is nice I find it's slightly clumsy compared with the basic one.

- La Dama 2005. Bodegas Aldonia. DOC Rioja
    Darkness and light. Moving between two worlds, with its measured tanicity. Spicy, curry. Toffee, coffee, chocholate... and then red fruits and acidity. Light and watery in a good sense. Touch of bitterness that disappear among the tannins heading to the silkiness and the the acidity that appears, going to a nice and savory quaff. It doesn't stop of moving from ligth to darkness and vice versa.

- Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon Blanc 2007. AOC Chinon. (12-14 EUR)
    In a meadow, looking at the sea. Ample and thin depending on the moment. Changes and evolves. Oily. Cadence and whim. Breath deeply lemontree leafs in front of the Sea. Smiling. Warm. More.

- Schoffit Riesling Lieu-Dit Harth. Cuvée Caroline 2001. Bodega Domaine Schoffit – Bernard et Robert Schoffit. AOC Alsacia. (14.30 EUR)
    Quince. Rippen peach. Glazed fruit topping a Roscón de Reyes. Hints of brake and flint (does lighters still have flints?). Thick. It looks as if it were cloying... but not, the acidity appears from nowhere and cleans your palate, letting you be ready for the next sip. More.

- Las Tabaneras 2008. Angel Pérez Rojo. DO Ribera del Duero.
    Swimming against the tide. Herbaceous, animal, mint hints. Acidity, red fruit... it's a wild animal. Savory...
    It's a candle in the dark cave of Ribera del Duero. More!

- Navazos-Niepoort 2009. Equipo Navazos. Sanlúcar de Barrameda. (15 EUR aprox)
    Following the trace of the preceding vintage. A trip to nowhere? I guess that some people like it, but I don't find the touch in this wine.

- Pierre Bourée Bourgogne 2006. (10-12 EUR)
    Quite gooooood! I’ve really enjoyed this wine that seems to be in the bottom line of the cellar. Stems, tons of red stuff, white chocolate, coffee grain and a spicy hint. Absolute freshness and vividness. Moooooore!

- Lecea Tinto 2009. Bodegas Lecea. DOC Rioja (3.69 EUR)
    How nice is this wine for the everyday (and half of nights) sipping. It's everything, nothing missing and nothing disturbing. It's its touch of distinctiveness and no that usual-nothing-round-shaped. When I take a look on the price I do feel even better.

- Corazón de Lago. Bodegas Lecea. DOC Rioja (8.48 EUR)
    Quite similar to the 'normal' Lecea. It's like this but without edges but I do like edges and handgrips in my life. It's nice, but having in mind its other self, the unleashed one...

Regards,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Navazos Niepoort 09

Ver mensaje de jose

Jose,
    I tried this a couple of days ago and enjoyed it.
    While the 08 had a fino quality about it I found this to be much more like a table wine.
    I found the 08 much more interesting after time in bottle (but only tasted it once)
    It will be interesting to try this again.

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: Navazos Niepoort 09

Ver mensaje de RayQ

I don't find a meaningful difference between both vintages indeed. Despite a think it's fine I don't feel any extra nudge in it. I drank my last bottle of '08 on last May and I didn't find enough difference with the first one :-/
    Anyway, it's a wine I drink but I don't find any exciting touch and I think it doesn't have a good QPR.

Regards,

Jose

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar