World cup football and a world class wine

12 respuestas
    RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Regarding the wine...

Ver mensaje de jose

Thanks for the words of caution.

I have found their crainzas/reservas to be fairly priced in the past.
    Good everyday drinking wines.

This 82 GRSE was very good indeed but as with many Rioja wineries perhaps there have been changes.

suiko
    en respuesta a RayQ

Ver mensaje de RayQ

I've drunk plenty of Montecillos in Spain in the past. I reckon it's one of the many that may have been lovely in the past, but not really worth bothering with these days.

Belgik
    en respuesta a suiko

Ver mensaje de suiko

Ok, before I put my cards on this table, I must admit that the class of Rioja wines I've been drinking these last ...dozen... years has not been in the class of Rioja wines I used to drink throughout the 1970/1980 decades. Because I "lost interest" in Riojas: tasting, then buying other wines, NEW wines. Can't have everything!
    Look at it this way: the 1970 Paternina "Viña Vial" was GREAT. Drank cases of this wine, when it was upto 10 years old. Same for Monte Real wines, and of course the good CVNE series of wines, Imperials, Reals. Why, these wines from 1964, 1966, 1970, 1973 vintages... ¡superb! And they aged! Strange enough, I never really liked the (red) Tondonia wines nearly as much...
    Nowadays, some 20 years later, somehow I cannot find the same wines. 2001 Monte Real Reserva? Dying before 10 years old! 2000 Contino Reserva? Opens slow, apex is low.
    I've tasted single glasses of Roda I, Cirsion. One glass is not enough. Good wine, no doubt.
    But I do miss that so special aroma that used to be distinctive to Rioja wine. Maybe my memory is flawed. It could be, with age, one just does not taste in the same way (sounds reasonable enough, given...)
    I need to add that, nowadays, there are ...hundreds... of other, fantastic "new" wines (made of old vines). Fortunately!

Nacho_G.F.

Re: World cup football and a world class wine

"Montecillo, el gran Rioja" (the great Rioja). This was the leiv motiv of the cellar int he past,...with his famous Viña Monty, Viña Cumbrero and so on. They made good and honest wine in Rioja, perhaps they were not in the top, but their wines were good and with good price.
    It´s a wonderful option for celebrating the victory of our football team, altough I chose cava, normal because I live in Catalonia.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar