World cup football and a world class wine

12 respuestas
    RayQ

World cup football and a world class wine

I thought that Spain might have faced a tougher challenge last night so I settled down in front of the tv with butterflies in my stomach and a glass of fantastic Rioja in my hand.
    Vina del Olivo 2003 had as much class as the team.
    Beautifully rich and perfumed nose. Smooth velvety tannins. TRhis is quite beautiful righ now.
    I had feared there might be noticable alcohol from the vintage and the microclimate but this was very well balanced. A lovely wine.
    Thankfully I didn't have the glass in my hand when Puyol rose above the German defenders....

descorche
    en respuesta a RayQ

Viña El Olivo 1996

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Last week we tried this wonder. Deep; ripe but fresh; mineral; silky tannins...tons of fresh cherries and grapefruits...balanced like the spanish team; punching like the nederlanden...Lovely!!

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: Viña El Olivo 1996

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Problems in my back and medizins can't be paired with wine :-/ so I've some weeks without any kind of wine drinking... In addition to this I've re-discovered how boring is cooking without the nudge of pairing food with wine :-(

Regards,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

Hopefully the medication will be finished soon.

For last night's Kung Fu contest I drank a Montecillo Gran Reserva Especial 1982.
    Great wine from what I had considered to be an average producer. This was really special.
    Don't know if they still produce wine like this?

Viva España!!

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Ver mensaje de RayQ

I'd be really ashamed if Spanish team would have won playing that kind of unfair sport showed by some other teams. Fortunately, sometimes, the "everything-allowed-just-to-win" mentality doesn't win.

Don't have ever drank Montecillo... I'll try to take a look here and there about that RE you mention.

Kind regards & for sure: Viva Españññññññña ;))

Jose

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Regarding the wine...

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Montecillo GRSE. Montecillo now belongs to Osborne group. This wine appears in their portfolio, so well... take it as a sort of caveat emptor. TNs I've read show a better opinion of old ('80s is enoughly old ;) ) vintages than recent ones. As many other bodegas from Rioja indeed.

Regards,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar