September/09 bunch of wines...

9 respuestas
    jose

September/09 bunch of wines...

- Domaine des Baumard 2006. AOC Rosé de Loire (5-6 EUR)
    Red fruits, candle, honeymelon skin, red grape skin. Quite easy and nice quaff with no disturbing hint at all, so it can be nicely paired with many dishes, for instance, chorizo sandwich (C- in my glamour exam, I know), bruschettas made chutney of figs with a topping of goat cheese, sautée 'sobrasada' with herbs, etc.

- Torre Muga 2005. Bodegas Muga. DOC Rioja.
    Drink 'cos a friend pays the wine... I don't see myself paying the modest price of this wine.
    Intense, dark, dense. More than an hour into the decanter, but I think that this is wine is too young to be uncorked nowadays. I don't know where will go this wine ageing in bottle, but now I find blackberris, licquorized sherries, vanilla, raw wood, and really astringent.

- Charco Las Ánimas Clan 2007. B. y Viñedos Los Oteros, S.L. DO Tierra de León (8.5 EUR)
    The first thing that comes to my mind for this wine is personality. Dough, light smell of strawberry lolly-pop, grapefruit skin maybe blood orange, watermelon. Amazingly dry sip turning into something like astringency and herbaceous hints. If the smell makes you wonder a couple of things, the sip really increase this feeling. Some minutes after the wine keeps all these elements, but rounded and showed in a smoother way. At first, and as I've said before, it looks to me as a wine with personality. I'll try to get a second bottle just to confirm.

- Viña Recreo Cencibel 2008. San Isidro Labrador Soc. Coop. de CLM Las Pedroñeras - Cuenca
    Forget me? Forgot you. Strawberries chewing-gum and lolly-pops smeel. Green notes when sipped. No more.

- Domaine Combier Crozes-Hermitage 2005. AOC Crozes-Hermitage (15.30)
    Rippen blackberries, spicy hint and... touch of smoke? At the beginning I find some unexpected green notes that disappear hours after, then turns into a very kind wine. Nice "meat wine".

- Emilio Valerio 2005. Laderas de Montejurra. DO Navarra (12.9 EUR @ Sta. Cecilia)
    Night protein fighting versus the lunch frugality. I would feel really uncomfortable eating meat and drinking water, so I uncorked this bottle. It's light and lissom, interesting, nervous and it shows a character full of curiosity. In the mood for a second bottle!

- Les Argilles du lias 2006. André et Mireille Tissot. AOC Côtes du Jura. (23 EUR)
    Big and not quite defined. Round shape but with some edges here and there that let's grab the wine with our senses. Secondary role with a marinated tuna and a nibblet of cod rode with orange. I would drink it again, maybe a differente vintage, but I wouldn't buy a second bottle. For this price the joke doesn't make me laugh.

Cheers,

Jose

suiko
    en respuesta a jose

Re: September/09 bunch of wines...

Ver mensaje de jose

Nice notes as always, José :-)

I LOVE everything I've tried from Tissot, but don't know this wine. Is it one of his Chardonnays?

suiko
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

Seems a bit expensive then, yes. His top Chards (and Savagnin) sell at about 22 pounds here, and the lesser ones at about 16.

suiko
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

I almost bought a bottle of another "lesser" bottling from Tissot at Enopateca in Ronda the other week. Bought a Graillot Crozes 07 instead. The first time I ever bought a non-Spanish wine in Spain!

suiko
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Quite funny this point of buying a non-spanish wine...

Ver mensaje de jose

It's slightly cheaper in the UK than in Spain, especially with the exchange rate (I paid €19). But it isn't that easy to find, and I would need to go to London and look for a particular shop.

Have to say that Enopateca doesn't actually have many Spanish wines :-)

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar