Feb/09 and the flu squeezing me...

6 respuestas
    jose

Feb/09 and the flu squeezing me...

- Baltos 2005. Dominio de Tares. DO Bierzo (5.71 EUR)
    At first I thought it was a soft wine under a topping of organoleptical was that doesn't allow the mencia to explain itself. I was wrong. When you allow the wine some hours to breat it speaks very clear. I realized at the second day. Where I found a right but humbled at the first day, there's a wine that stood on its feet and speaks not loud, but very clear, at the second one.

- Jean Leon Petit Chardonnay 2007. DO Penedés (10.05 EUR)
    Impeccable. Set square wine, like the front page in a decoration magazine.
    Grapefruit, apple, grass and a touch of anis-seed comes with a precise oily sip. Nicely paired with a cod stuffed with fresh spinachs and prawns.

- A Priori. Bodega Josep Colet. DO Penedes (6 EUR aprox)
    DEG Sep/07
    It looks tired. There's no visual trace of it neither its hus nor the bubbles, but it's so far of the vivid freshness of preceding bottles. Tainted bottle or it's going down?

- Grand Cuvée 2003. Bodega Josep Colet. DO Penedes (8 eur aprox)
    I open this bottle moved by the disappointing preceding of 'A Priori'
    Excellent. Close your eyes in the sofa, a sip... despite you're with you home dressing it makes you feel like in any first class department of... I don't know where, 'cos I've been never in any first class of anything; write your preferred first class ;) Creamy and nice acidity absolutely melted.

- PX Añejo Wisdom & Warter. Bodega Wisdom & Warter. DO Jerez y Manzanilla-Sanlucar de Barrameda (4.67 EUR)
    Sweet infidelity. My usual PX for the winter nights is the Alvear one, is a great sip and bearing in mind its really good QPR. But I was unfaithful with this other PX. Dates with bitter chocolate and the acid touch of the dried orange skin and dried apricots. Nice and dense sip with no trace of cloying. Very good QPR.

- El Vino de los Cónsules de Roma 2006. DO Bierzo. Elaborado y embotellado por Pérez Caramés (4.52 EUR)
    I do really disagree the name, but I try drink it without any kind of prejudices. It's a good sample of mencia without masks. Nice smell of rippen blackberries, herbaceous touches and bitterness. The whole picture is a bit short and in addition to this the second day it shows a touch of oxidation. Nevertheless it's a nice wine with a good QPR that's been paired with chickpea stew sautée.

- Castillo de Agüaron Rosado 2008. Embotellado por Grandes Vinos y Viñedos, S.A. DO Cariñena (2.20 EUR)
    First rosé of the year and absolutely enjoyable right now. Watermelon and raspeberries juice with a rounded acidity. Easy quaff with good QPR.

- Artazuri 2007. DO Navarra. Bodegas y Viñedos Artazu (3,86 EUR)
    Quite different of the wine of the preceding vintage, showing different faces like a young wine with red chewing-gums, herbaceous hints and astringency. It looks like a nervous wine.

- Pardina 2005. Bodegas Victoria, S.L. DO Cariñena (4.52 EUR)
    How can I explain this? Do you know what's Spetzi? It's a german drink mix of cola and orange. So well, this wine it's a sort of wineSpetzi. In fact it reminds me a mixture of Pepsi and a brand of orange named Mirinda. It's been the same way the four days it's been in the fridge.

Cheers,

Jose

MaJesus

Re: Wow! I forgot about the "dark site"! ...

... the new format of the forums is really killing me: In general terms, I have very little time to "keep up" with the forums, and the new format makes it very difficult to "skip" things you are not interested in, plus one has to spend a lot of time "remembering" where the originating message (and thread) was all about ... so I do not even have time for the the "general" and the "gastronomic" forums (and I haven't posted any tasting notes ever since the change! ... it really IS killing me ... I refuse to think that it is because of my "old" age! ;)) ...) ... I have entirely forgotten about the English side!!!!! ... sorry guys, we are so few of us! ... I'll try to make the "dark forum" one of my first options!

Jose, I have recently had a couple of "a prioris" and mine were vivid, fresh, full of bubbles, and super cheap ... I love these cavas! (and I also like a lot the "a posteriori" ones) ... in the funny side, I am in one branch of statistics where "a priori" and "a posteriori" distributions are the key ingredients, so I do not know if I look at these wines with exaggerated sympathy ;)) ...

nice to be back!

Cheers,

MaJesus

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Feb/09 and the flu squeezing me...

Ver mensaje de jose

I can understand why one might use the term "nervous" to describe the Artazuri, but I don't see that as a negative. Rather, I view this wine a occupying a niche that is not easy to fill - an inexpensive fruit driven wine that more than compensates it concentration with higher notes of vibrant acidity and tangy raspberry and pepper. It's a vibrant wine that is fun with simple good food. The '08, I think, has the same overall philosophy but but accomplishes it even more successfully. I find these fun to drink but the Santa Cruz de Artazu is irresistable.

jose
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Hi Walt,
    nice to read you again! :)
    At this very moment I find the Artazuri unfocused, with its parts playing disjointed and maybe noisy. That's why I say that looks nervous to me. I hope that next months help to head it to the usual and great line for this wine (and with this price! ;)
    I don't have an opinion about Santa Cruz as far I've never tasted it.

Cheers,

Jose

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

I think the '08 is released in Spain (or soon will be) but not yet here in the US. I had it at Artadi about two weeks ago and it is drinking well right away.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Este sitio web usa cookies para analizar la navegación del usuario. Política de cookies.
Cerrar