More drinking- Bordeaux and Rhone

10 respuestas
    RayQ

More drinking- Bordeaux and Rhone

Clos du Marquis 1984
    Lovely old claret. Great nose on this.Lovely weight on the palate. Not tired exactly but a bit hollow on the mid palate. The palate doesn't quite live up to the lovely aroma. Lovely drink this.

Beaucastel 1998 Chateauneuf Du Pape
    A very clean Beau. This is drinking beautifully at the moment. There are no secondary characteristics, just nice integrated Chateauneuf. Ripe clean pure fruit. Lovely

Charvin 1998 Chateauneuf Du Pape
    Initially I thought I had my glasses the wrong way around. A bit of a volatile stink bomb here. Much more funky than the Beaucastel and quite high toned. Not unlike a Burgundy style Musar.
    Interesting and pleasant but not a typical Charvin.

Domaine Versino Cuvee des Felix 2000 Chateauneuf Du Pape
    My first time trying this wine. The first thing that strikes me is how similar it smells to the regular bottling. It has lots of garrique and hints of spice and leather. It's not bretty but not entirely 'clean' either. A light cherry colour. It's quite refreshing on entry and has quite a fruity palate. Ripe Grenache.On the first night there was a touch of stalkyness on the finish but on night two this has disappeared.
    I'd love to try it alongside the straight Versino as I'm not sure its worth double the money. Having said that it is wonderfully moreish and it certainly will not make it to night 3!

RayQ
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

LLC

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Paco,
    I don't know if you had a look at my other post on a very good days drinking recently!!
    We had the LLC 1961 which was superb. It's an estate I'm not usually very fond of as I find the wines quite hard to appreciate. They seem quite stern and don't often deliver a much enjoyment(limited experience though).

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Re: More drinking- Bordeaux and Rhone

Ver mensaje de jose

I have had an 89 which was also wonderful. The 90 was the first Beaucastel I bought back in 92. Fans of this wine argue over whether the 89 or 90 is best.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar