The october wines.

4 respuestas
    jose

The october wines.

Here we go with the monthly report.

- A Posteriori. Bodega Josep Colet. DO Penedes. (7 EUR aprox)
    Autumn strawberries and roses in winter. No change regarding the preceding bottle. Zillions of redberries. Quite fresh and vivid. Nice pairing of different kind of nibblets and tapas. Degorgement in july, 2007. Good QPR.

- Domain Jo Pithon. Les Pepinieres 2004. AC Anjou (13.6 EUR)
    Dried apricot, honey and slight touch of LdH wood and balsamical scent. Good quaff with great acidity backbone. In some minutes a new smell arrive in the stage: gas. In a blind tasting I would have bet it's riesling. Next day the wine is still really nice. The wood hints changed and evolved in the the glass. Now the acidity is overlapped under one of the more elegant creaminess I've ever tasted. Excelent wine. As Audrey II says in The Little Shop of Horrors: Gimmmmme!

- Muga Rosado 2007. Bodegas Muga. DOC Rioja (4,84 EUR)
    The best bottle of this wine drank 'til today. Still sounds a bass guitar but with the rythm of a whole band playing together and that seems to be on the road playing and enjoying during decades. It's a concert! This wine is not a newcomer, you won't listen about it here and there in magazines, fora and all the fuss, but it's "my rosé" for this year.

- Gravonia Crza. 1998. López de Heredia. DOC Rioja (aprox 9 EUR)
    It's very young. Every part fight with the others to show they're the first one and it gives us a nervous wine. Orange skin and peach dried under the sun, grapefruit, coffee and the usual wood from LdH. You drink glasses and more glasses without realize it. Good QPR and it'll be improved after some years.

- Coudoulet de Beaucastel Blanc 2006. Appellation Cotes-Du-Rhone Controlée (20 EUR)
    I don't bear Julia Roberts! While I'm sipping a glass of this wine appear an advertising of one of her films on TV. That's life and its odd casuistry. In the glass you can find almost everything you expect in a white wine. A hint of many and a touch of nothing. Apathetic ballon. As anodyne as Julia Roberts. Obviously bad QPR.

- A Priori 2005. Bodega Josep Colet. DO Penedes. (7 EUR aprox)
    Degorgement in september 2007.
    It's nice a year after its degorgement. Enjoyement from head to toe. Bread, white flowers and fruit and a 'red' hint. I love it. I've invented a new pairing concept. 'Paired by letters'. This Colet is a nice pairing for croquettes.

- Patio 2007
    "The Fat of Minnesota moved like a dancer"
    This sentence from the great film 'The Hustler' came to my mind with this wine.
    Wearing my prejudices suit this wine I wouldn't have to enjoy this wine. Foreing grapes for the land where they're. Hell! This wine is like The Fat of Minnesotta! Raspberries jam, but not jammy. Light sip. Green touch, dark fruit. Firm, hard, rough. Coffee seeds and back of cinamonn in milk. I like it. It's been paired with a veggies stew and potato omelette.

- Luciano Sandrone Dolcetto d'Alba 2006. Azienda Agricola Sandrone. DO Piamonte.(12 EUR)
    Many time without drinking any Dolcetto. Time to fix it.
    Strawberries and more strawberries in a rough texture and acidity. The bad news are that all these are disjointed. It lacks something that doesn't move to drink more. Let me explain myself, it's not really disjointed but it doesn't have the sense of completeness I'm looking for. Nevertheless it shows its best with food. Then the wine yawns and explain itself. It's been a good pairing for a veal tongue stew with veggies. It wasn't nice but with food it's a good QPR and a wine to keep in mind just in case you're in the mood for Dolcetto.

- Beryna 2006. Bodega Bernabé Navarro. DO Alicante (9.15 EUR)
    This wine is in my 'to-do' list for years, so it's time to get my own opinion with as less prejudices as possible.
    Really dark in the glass. Blackberries jam, balsamic, plum skin and a slight touch of toasted wood that is not really disturbing. Green notes as well. I don't know whether this wine includes Cabernet Sauvignon in its coupage, but it reminds me to unrippen CS.
    Despite the low temperature the alcohol kicks your ass and you notice it in the second glass. Nevertheless it's an easy quaff. I think it's ok in its correctness, but it's far of being my cup of tea.

Cheers,

Jose

jose
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: The october wines.

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

As far as it's first time ever I've drank this wine I've no point of comparisson with preceding vintages and its behaviour since new wines of the winery arrived.
    Anyway, I find it's easily sipped, a sort of thin body with really big bones inside, but the alcohol was really hard to me. I was able to drink it so no too disappointing, but really disturbing.
    You know the kind of wines I like and despite I was full of hope with this wine, and admitting it's not so bad, it's not my glass of wine...

Cheers,

Jose

P.S. By the way, I reported months ago that each time I post a TN I go to a 500 Error page. The issue still persist.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar