Thanks for help: please provide me with name of Bierzo white wines

If you can tell me names and addresses of wineries
    thanks in advance
    Timo

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a nyka

Re: Thanks for help: please provide me with name of Bierzo white wines

Ver mensaje de nyka

Hi, there are only 3 white grape authorized: Doña Blanca, Godello & Palomino. Dominio de Tares used to produce one of this white wines but I have not tried it for years... Abad Dom Bueno also produces another one and also Bodegas y Viñedos Gancedo does...

Cheers!

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

As far as I know this winery place in Bierzo produces wine in and out of the DO... and in the DO regulation it seems that gewurz is not an authorized variety.... So..... it must be a non-DO wine?????? The same happens with Bodegas Castro Ventosa and their Airola Gewurz.

MaJesus
    en respuesta a nyka

Ver mensaje de nyka

... of course you are entirely free to spend your money the way you wish ... but if I wanted to buy wines from the area (which is getting WAY way too expensive lately, by the way), I would, most definitely, spend mine in their wonderful Mencias ... still, I might be wrong and missing something important ... please let us know!

MaJesus

jose
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

MaJesus, during this year I'm trying to find some mencia that shows the real face of this grape without being a damage neither to my wallet nor to my teeth. I'm realizing that unoaked mencia are really nice and with a price policy that make them a really nice quaffs.

Cheers,

Jose

MaJesus
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

I look forward to your monthly tasting!!. I felt in love with Mencia when it first became sort of "popular" and I still really really love it ... but the increase in price in the last 2-3 years have been really amazing ... I feel myself getting mad (actually, pissed) at this sharp rise in price ... but, no doubt, some unoaked mencias are fabulous (I DO like well done "robust" Mediterranean wines, but I think Mencia does not improve with oak at all .. at least for my taste). Good luck in your search, and please let us know!

MaJesus

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar