Fall is almost here...

2 respuestas
    jose

Fall is almost here...

In the meanwhile the last summer wines...

- Ultreia Saint-Jacques 2007. Raúl Pérez Viticultor. DO Bierzo (aprox 5 EUR)
    The vintage is a matter of faith, I don't find any clue neither in label, nor backlabel,
    nor cork, nor foil... Anyway, I find this wine a very good sample of mencía. Dark, herbaceous hints but by no means overwhelming and fresh strawberries. It's a high level of astringency, that goes smoothly next day. Good QPR.

- Romate Oloroso Seco. Bodega Sánchez Romate Hermanos. DO Jerez y Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda (3.6 EUR)
    In my usual search for wines with good QPR and bargains I fail some steps and this wine is a failed one. A touch of nuts, wood... not more. Booooring and extremely short.

- Piron Morgon "Cote du Py" 2004. Morgon Appellation Contrôlée (less than 9 EUR)
    Great sample of what kind of wine you can find in Beaujolais.
    Fresh strawberries, great and vivid acidity, a touch of bitterness and rusticity. When you finish the bottle all you want is uncork the next one.

- Marqués de Alella Clásico 2007. Bodega Parxet S.A. DO Alella (5,09 EUR)
    The cell rings... So you are shopping?... Oh... well... ok... Then come at home for lunch, buy
    the bread and grab a bottle of any quaffable white wine you see overthere...
    And there's this wine, always fine for any moment. Good acidity and herbaceous and apple hints.
    Good QPR for sure.

- Enate Rosado 2007. Viñedos y Crianzas del Alto Aragón S.A. DO Somontano (7.55 EUR)
    This wine has everything to be one of the best rosés on the shelves. Vivid, acidity, fruit,
    the alcohol is not disturbing. Everything in a nice balance. Sad to say that there's a
    big wave of capsicum overlapping everything, and it doesn't allow me enjoy the wine properly.

- Muga Blanco Fermentado en Barrica 2007. Bodegas Muga. DOC Rioja (7,7 EUR)
    Starting with the expected oak hints, spicy, creamy vanilla... Nevertheless this notes are secondary by far as you sip; then comes high citrical hints (grapefruit, lime) that sting like a bee. I'm in the mood for a second bottle of this wine and for storing another one during an undetermined time.

- Sierra Cantabria 2006 2º año. Sierra Cantabria. DOC Rioja (4,54 EUR)
    Licquorized red fruits aromas that comes before than vanilla & eggs pudding with caramel (I mean the traditional homemade dessert called 'flan'). Well, it doesn't move to have an opinion,
    just so-so.

- Fino Ynocente. Bodega A.R. Valdespino. DO Jerez y Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda (8,75 EUR)
    The wine changes during the days it's been opened. Extremely pale and it smells as it looks.
    Almost nothing in the beginning. Nonetheless the sip is firm. Tight as a punch.
    As days goes by the wine evolves nicely. Salty, hints of nut peelings and smashed seasoned green olives. When sipped it's changed the punch for a nice deepness. Really nice.

- Gran Feudo Chardonnay 2007. Bodegas Julián Chivite. DO Navarra (4,16 EUR)
    Fresh, flowers in a meadow and with a nice acidity. Should we ask anything about tipicity or
    terroir? I won't do that, but I'd drink more of this stuff.

Cheers,

Jose

Olaf
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Fall is almost here...

Ver mensaje de jose

Very interesting what you say about the Ynocente, because I had exactly the same experience with that wine. I think it's the filtering process which leaves the wine a bit "sleepy" and needs some time to awake.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar