Bottle of Sherry

6 respuestas
    Rhonda

Bottle of Sherry

I have a bottle of wine my father brought back from his travels over 40 years ago. The bottle is gold in color. The label reads -
    -
    100 Years Solera
    Solera One Hundred years old
    Very Fine Rich
    Cream Sherry
    Bottled & Shipped by
    J. Reyes Y C.ia
    Jerez De La Frontera (Spain)
    Produce of Spain
    -
    Selected and Imported by
    Interational Liquors, Inc.
    U.S.Virgin Islands
    -
    The bottle still has never been opened and still bears the seal across the top.
    I was hoping to have this bottled dated. Can you help.
    -
    Thank you Rhonda.

Rhonda
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Bottle of Sherry

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

I understand. I knew that it would be close to impossible, but was referred here as the site of the "experts". Do you believe the Sherry would be any good after all this time, or is it best just to save and cherish the bottle for what it was?

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a Rhonda

Ver mensaje de Rhonda

A cream in a mix of a dry and a sweet Sherry.... not intended to leave so long... However, at the end, alcohol is a preservative... so probably it depends on the preservation conditions (adequate temperature, high humidity, no vibrations, etc.) and on its alcohol degree..... Do you know the degree of alcohol??? Is it printed in the label?

Cheers

Rhonda
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

This bottle has been in the back of a liquor cabinet, virtually untouched its entire time there. My father brought out every so often when commenting on his travels. The labels reads: 20% Alcohol by Volume.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar