Wine Spectators 2007

19 respuestas
    suiko
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: I agree ...

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

Well, the only place that sells it (AFAIK) is one of the traditional
    (= expensive) London wine merchants. I like it a lot, but as you say, at this price one can do better.

jose
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Obsceeeeene...

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

From my point of view it’s one of the big lies of this f¨ck?ng EU. Free movement of people and ";things"; (hell! I don’t remember how to say ’mercancías’). Just as false as utopic.
    Anyway I think that from our 1.9 EUR to the 15 pounds in UK many people is making a huge amount of money just moving the wine...
    I enjoy this wine, but I think that I wouldn’t pay 15 pounds for this wine.
    On the other hand, what I see really obscene is when a new winery, with no more than 5 years making wine, but with a consultant name/latin name/200 % new oak on its label wanna worth 100 pounds (and points?).

Regards,

Jose

MaJesus
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: Obsceeeeene...

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

Jose, it’s the ";Tres Picos";, not the ";Garnacha centenaria";. Even then, the last ";Tres Picos"; that I bought was around 8 euros ... but from there to the 21 euros in GB is a long long long stretch ... (plus I erroneously thought that the pound was doubling the euro, making it even more exaggerated)

MaJesus

jose
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Gasp... shame on me...

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

I didn’t paid attention to the preceding threads and I step over the fact that we’re talking about 3 Picos. Sorry. asdflasjdflldfs (this is the sound of my tongue in my ass)
    I wouldn’t bet my hand, but I think that last time I saw this wine a couple of weeks ago it’s about 10-12 EUR, so it’s about 14-17 pounds. So well, it’s not so far from our prices, isn’t it?

Regards,

Jose

suiko
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: Gasp... shame on me...

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

It wasn’t the Garnacha Centenaria either that José was talking about, Ma José, but the Mítica! I think the GC is about 8 or 9 euros in Spain too - really wish this wine was available over here. I have seen the Mítica here, and it costs about £5 or £6. Basically, no wine costs under £4 or so here, as there is £2.70 government tax. So very cheap wine is very poor value, and it makes sense to spend at least £6 or £7.

The best value we have from Aragón is Baltasar Gracián at about £7 (tho I haven’t liked recent vintages as much), or (better, for me) a Calatayud old vine Garnacha called La Sabrosita, sold by Marks & Spencer and made by an Englishman, Norrell Robertson, who also makes wine in Bierzo, I think.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar