Can be named ’cork’ without being?

2 respuestas
    jose

Can be named ’cork’ without being?

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi all,
    I’m finishing a bottle of Marqués de Cáceres Rosé (not a big thing, but I was curious about this wine) and in the cork appears something that translated looks like this:
    ’We’ve chosen this cork to preserve the quality and freshness of this wine’
    The crux of the matter is that it’s not a cork! It’s synthetic! Is it in or out of the law?

Thanks and regards,

Jose

rikiwigley
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Can be named ’cork’ without being?

Ver mensaje de jose

My, this is an interesting one. I suspect a court in the UK might not be interested on the grounds that you bought primarily the wine and the packaging is secondary. The bottle will not say that there is a ’cork’ or a ’plastic stopper’ as labelling regulations have not ( yet ) got that silly.

It is certainly misleading as you describe it but I have no idea what the Spanish authorities might make of it.

What is most important is this continued rush to use non cork stoppers. I can understand why it might be used for wine with a short shelf-life but it has no place in the neck of a bottle of fine wine.

Save the cork forests I say!

Riki

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar