Spanish wine in large formats

7 respuestas
    Paul_Lutz

Spanish wine in large formats

Ver mensaje de Paul_Lutz

Good morning-
    I was recently searching for some Spanish wines in larger format sizes and was surprised by the scarcity of these in the US market place. So I was wondering if it is an uncommon practice for Spanish wine producers to bottle their wines in large formats - magnums etc.?
    Thanks

Paul_Lutz
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: Spanish wine in large formats

Ver mensaje de RayQ

I realize that they do produce large format bottles, but they seem very rare in the retail market, at least in the U.S. Doing a search on Wine Searcher, say for any wine produced by Artadi since 1992 yields only the 1999 Grandes Anadas available in anything larger than a 750 and that is limited to only one retailer. Areas like Bordeaux put a significant percentage of their wines in larger format bottles and I was just wondering if in Spain it is a standard practice that only a very minimal percentage of each vintage is allocated to a larger format.
    Paul

roberalba
    en respuesta a Paul_Lutz

Re: Spanish wine in large formats

Ver mensaje de Paul_Lutz

This is the reason because in the winery where i work for, we produce magnums, 3 litres, 5 litres, 15 litres and 27 litres bottles. These are big formats...! I sell every year one 27 litres bottle to collector from South Africa.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar