And on the subject of obscure varieties....

3 respuestas
    rikiwigley

And on the subject of obscure varieties....

Ver mensaje de rikiwigley

I am interested in the local Planta Fina de Pedralba. Does anyone know if this grape is vinified as a separate varietal? I have been to the co-op at Pedralba who have a range of wines called Plantafina but I suspect that these wines are a blend of more than one variety. Unfortunately I was unable to communicate my interest to the sweet old lady who dispenses the wine as I do not have Valenciano ( for which apologies ) and there was no oenologist on hand to deal with my not very good Castellano.

My interest is not just to taste but maybe to put a few vines in the garden here in Vilamarxant.

My visiting English wine loving friends are always keen to try something unavailable elsewhere!

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a rikiwigley

Re: And on the subject of obscure varieties....

Ver mensaje de rikiwigley

Hi there, sometimes ago I found a lot of synonymies about the Planta fina de Pedralba or Planta Fina: Alicante Branco, Beldi, Belies, Boal de Alicante, Canaan, Damaschino, Espagnol, False Trebbiano, Farana, Ferhana, Kanaan, Macedonia and Plant de Languedoc. Unfortunately I do not remember to have tried a mono-variety made with this grape... so I do not know is produces average-quality wines ;-)

Cheers!

rikiwigley
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: And on the subject of obscure varieties....

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Hi Paco

Thanks for the information! I will not be too hopeful of finding a single varietal ’plantafina’ then and I think I will be joining Jose in wine therapy!

Maybe I should stick to Godella and Bobal to try out on my friends!

Riki

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar