24 hours in Madrid

12 respuestas
    RayQ

24 hours in Madrid

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Not the title of a new film or anything
    so exciting....
    I have been to Madrid numerous times but wonder if anyone has any insider tips for what to do in a 24hr period...
    best place for breakfast/lunch/dinner (not always the highly rated restaurants reviewed on verema.com !!)

any must see places ?

thanks

Ray

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: 24 hours in Madrid

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Malacatín, is famous for its “cocido madrileño”... the typical dish of Madrid but this is not really a “summer dish” … anyway, if I were you, I will try…
    https://www.verema.com/comunidad/mesasyvino/restaurante.asp?restaurante=2454)

Another ’classic’ quite interesting is Casa Lucio….. https://www.verema.com/comunidad/mesasyvino/restaurante.asp?restaurante=217

And remember Valencia is just 3 hours and a half by train…. ;-))

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Like Nick Nolte, isn’t it? ;)

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Well, I’d breath Madrid... cough, cough... okey, okey, I’m talking about have a walk and being a ";madrileño"; ;)
    For breakfast, I’d walk to Plaza Mayor, for having a... gasp... typically it should be a ’chocolate con churros’, but toooo hot for summer... so maybe a ’cafe con leche and churros’ would be nice. Almost any Café or Bar there it’s okey, but if you want something old and classical you can go to ";Chocolateria San Gines"; in San Gines St. (from Puerta del Sol to Opera/Palacio Real walking through El Arenal St., next to Disco-Pub Joy Slava. Everybody over there knows it, so just ask for it) Then a walk for the oldest part of Madrid. I love walking early in the morning through those streets. Walking and walking you reach the aperitivo time... many bars there where you can have some tapas, beers... and wine! For example, El Nuncio, Taverna CienVinos, Mattritum, Tempranillo (all of them in ’Restaurantes’ en spanish side of Verema). If tapas aren’t enough, heading to a restaurant, for example... what about Viridiana?
    After lunch you can have a walk by El Retiro, you know, the park. Or maybe you can go to Paseo de Rosales, where there’re a lot of ’terrazas’ where you can have a typical black coffe with ice cubes or a ’cafe granizado’, really nice for summer indeed. Having a rest until sun let you resume your 24-hours-trip. If you’re in Paseo de Rosales I encourage you to see a wonderful sunset in Madrid from Templo de Debod. Wonderful! (has anybody felt that I love Madrid? ;) and for dinner... something new... A restaurant I’ve in my list for goin asap: Flou (www.restauranteflou.com) Or the second (relatively newbie) in my list (Dassa-Bassa).

HTH and regards,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Like Nick Nolte, isn’t it? ;)

Ver mensaje de jose

AaaH but wasn’t that 48 hours !
    Thanks for the info and yes it comes across that you love your city
    ;-)

And I know I shouldn’t really be contemplating this in August !!

MaJesus
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: Like Nick Nolte, isn’t it? ;)

Ver mensaje de RayQ

If you like ";human size"; museums, I would contemplate visiting the Thyssen, or maybe only their temporary exhibition: it does not matter what they are, they are always fantastic (and air conditioned!). walking and wondering in the streets and parks of Madrid is usually marvellous, but not in August: Madrid can be brutal in August. Maybe you can do this early in the morning and try to scape from the inhuman heat the rest of the day

An indoor place I like to spend sometime is the cafeteria of the ";Circulo de Bellas artes"; you have to pay a nominal fee to enter, but it has a unique atmosphere. The ";Cafe de Oriente"; is very pretty and in a unique location.

And there is this wine bar, ";Entrevinos"; https://www.verema.com/comunidad/mesasyvino/restaurante.asp?restaurante=539
    which is not ";traditional";, but is interesting, has nice wines and nice tapas, is informal ... I like it

And, of course ... el Prado is always there ...

Madrid is very pretty: enjoy it!

Majesus

RayQ
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Keep them coming !

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

Some great suggestions- Thanks.
    All ideas gratefully received.
    I have been to Madrid many times but haven’t done the tourist thing for nearly 15 years.

Each year I go only to the wine shops !

I remember a lovely simple restaurant where the speciality was roast chicken in cider. I think it was near the park with cable cars or perhaps the railway station. Does anybody know of it ?
    I went there in 1990.

Relacionados
  • Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar