My june wines. 1/2

9 respuestas
    jose

My june wines. 1/2

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi all,
    despite writing TNs for both sides of Verema (let me say I don’t write them for me, but for the Veremites) from now, and until I don’t know, I’ll post the wines I drink as whole. Maybe I’m wrong, but I use to see as these kinda of posts use to open discussions and room for the common knowledgement and sharing opinions. Well, here we go with my ’june wines’...

- Marques de Murrieta Ygay Blanco Rva. 1999 (9 EUR aprox) DOC Rioja
    Almost a year after these bottles were bought I uncork one just to taste how is this wine right now and try to take a decission about it, but now I’ve more questions that answers. A year after oak was overwhelming, but now it’s hidden, nevertheless you can find it with toffe hints that disappear after a couple of hours. It doesn’t deply a miryad of smells as of a year. It looks shy and as if it were hidden. The astringency has gone off; the tanicity is still here, but more intregated as an oily sip, nevertheless let me remark the acidity backbone of this wine. I expected terciary notes, but there’s none. The wine is not where I expected, and I was thinking about it as a sort of deception. I don’t know whether it goes to a dumb phase or it’ll finaly goes to the end of his life or maybe as I hope it will evolve. Anyhow, while I’m sitting in the terrace, for many hours, the sunset, silently and reading, while dinning some paprika sausages (you know, what we call ’chorizos’ in Spain) boilt in white wine and a Torta extremeña (a typical spanish cheese) I almost finish the bottle... hey! maybe no deception at all! ;) By the way, the cheese was artisan and it was extremely strong. It’s sweeped away with the cheese, but let me say that this cheese was a wild horse. Terrific!

- Blanco Nieva Verdejo 2004 (5.5 EUR aprox) DO Rueda
    One of the ’verdejo’ best value IMHO. One of this wines, that when you are soooo tired and everything seems to be wrong, let you breath and wait for a better tomorrow. This wine and a nice sunset are enough. Well, let’s talk about the wine. Let me say that I’m far away of being objective with thiw wine. Anyway, this wine talks you very clearly, ’I am what I am’ as Yago says in Otello. Clear, clean, flowers, herbal hints, aniseed, white fruits as it warms. In a couple of days appears appel, litchis and sad roses (I mean what I mean).
    It’s absolutely verdejo. A really nice wine and of my best values with good QPR.

- Canforrales Clasico Tempranillo 2005 (less than 3 EUR) DO La Mancha
    Always easy, honest, young and fruity. As a difference with precedent vintages I find a rough touch. Really nice QPR.

- Cune Rosado 2005 (aprox 3 EUR) DOC Rioja
    Nice and simple wine, without anything wrong. Absolutely correct indeed. Really it’s a thankful thing having in count how is everything nowadays. It’s nice pairing for summer pasta salads and when you’re not in the mood to look for anything else in landscape.
    Nice QPR.

(to be continued)

jose
    en respuesta a jose

Re: My june wines. 2/2

Ver mensaje de jose

- Gran Feudo Rosado 2005 (aprox 3 EUR) DO Navarra
    Persistent value every vintage. Really nice wine to drink chilled. Anyhow, just to say something not absolutely positive, I find a hint of sweetness in the aftertaste, that I don’t really like too much (I don’t like sweet hints in rosés). The usual nice QPR.

- Caves de la Nantaise Muscadet Sèvre et Maine 2004 (2.5 EUR) AOC Muscadet Sèvre et Marne Sur Lie
    I dare that this wine has gone away. Nothing about dumb phase, it’s absolutely dead. It’s a pitty, because the preceding bottle (15 months ago) was really nice. Well, it was an affordable risk at this price.

- Garcia Burgos Vendimia Seleccionada 2004 DO Navarra
    Dark with slow and thick dropping, almost 14% ... Plums, licquorized fruit, compote, balsamic, creamy. Very thick sip, with soft tannins almost chewables. In backnose vanilla. It’s a very warm wine, having in count the month we are. As I was drinking I thought that it’d be an enjoyable wine in winter, next to the fireplace.

- Blanco Nieva Pie Franco 2005 (7.5 EUR) DO Rueda
    Compared to Blanco Nieva Verdejo I find more fruit than herbaceous hints. It’s still a carbonic touch, that doesn’t allow me the full enjoy of the wine, but it has almost disappeared the next day, so I do enjoy it. Anyhow, over its ’verdejo’ clothes I would remark a great and sharpen acidity. I’ve enjoyed, but I think that this wine will improve significantly in the next months, resting in the bottle for a while; you know, the carbonic will go off.

Cheers,

Jose

JoanF
    en respuesta a jose

Re: My june wines. 2/2

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi Jose... very interesting posts indeed... however, I don’t see any sparkling wine, nor cava in your list though they slip quite well during this season. Any special reason ;^D?

jose
    en respuesta a JoanF

A very special reason indeed...

Ver mensaje de JoanF

I’m still waiting for Colet to find a dealer in Madrid. I love cava and champagne and I don’t use to drink them in Xmas, but in spring and summer... but waiting and waiting... the summer is here, so I’m drinking still white wines...

Regarding the lack of posts in almost every fora I visit... well... all you know, life is hard and when it does its best to beat you, a lot of hits beats you from everywhere... so these year is being soooo difficult and extremely hectic... so it’s even hard to find time to read and/or follow the fora...

Cheers,

Jose

JoanF
    en respuesta a jose

Re: A very special reason indeed...

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi Jose,

Just now, I took a gorgeous Jané Ventura Rosé, striking back... I really enjoy taking Rosé Cava while I’m watching ’Sex and the City’, in a pretty hot summer night... like today....

Regards.

Joan

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: A very special reason indeed...

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Last night we had an Agustí Torelló BN …. the cava I usually drink…. And, as usual, was nice, refreshing, with an excellent backbone of acidity… However, this summer, I still have not started de “sparkling season” and I am also consuming still white wines ..

Cheers…. ;-)

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar