Santa Rosa 2001 … deep <i>terroirness</i>

8 respuestas
    Paco Higón

Santa Rosa 2001 … deep <i>terroirness</i>

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

I used to be a strong defender of the wines made with “local grapes” however I have enjoyed Pepe Mendoza’s wines since the firs time I tried them. Finally I am convinced that Pepe has adapted so good to his terroir that his wines express quite nicely terroirness…. This Santa Rosa 2001 Enoforum’s best rated red wine 2006 it is an outstanding product, powerful but elegant and above all.. with equilibrium….

Have you tried it???? It’s time to do it ;-)

RayQ
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Santa Rosa 2001 … deep <i>terroirness</i>

Paco,
    you’ve lost me !
    Do I take it that this wine is made from international varieties ?
    It’s a new one on me but assuming it’s affordable and available I’ll put it on the shopping list !

RayQ

It all makes perfect sense now :-)

I like the Mendoza Shiraz and Spain also produces two other top nothc ones (though called Syrah !)
    Finca Sandoval and the Griñon Valdepusa Syrah. The 2001 of this was superb.

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a RayQ

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Well Mendoza’s shiraz (or syrah) ;-))) main advantage is its amazing prize.... compared, for instance, with the wines you have just mentioned.... Anyway, I prefer the Sandoval to Griñon... and despite that –as far as I believe- Sandoval is cheaper...

WaltZalenski

I do not recall having this wine. The 1999 is available here for $30, but I can find no other vintages after a quick search. What is the price in Spain?

Of course, when I think of Alicante and (partial) use of non-indigenous grape varieties, Beryna is the first wine that comes to mind.

Olaf

No doubt for me, Santa Rosa 01 is an outstanding wine. I was really impressed, better than previous vintages. And Estrecho is also an interesting monastrell, one of my favorites, and for sure the best of Alicante.
    Santa Rosa is something around 18€ and Estrecho the same.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar