Mini-report: Marqués de Murrieta White.

8 respuestas
    jose

Mini-report: Marqués de Murrieta White.

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi all,
    maybe you’ve realized that everytime a post appears talking about this wine I use to be part of the thread making some questions and sharing my opinions about the wine. Not all of my questions found an answer, so as I find free time I use to look for info about this wine here and there.
    Anyway, with the intention of find answers to my questions I’ve recently contacted to the winery and they’ve answered all my questions. Right now I want to thank them for their kind help and specially Miryam Ochoa for their good predisiposition and kindness.
    Obviously, the leit-motiv of this post is to share the info for all of you who have the same questions and doubts about this wine.
    The first of all my questions was about the name. It was so confusing to me. I used to think that there’re two white wines from Murrieta in the market, ";El Dorado"; and ";White Reserva";. The winery confirm me that only one white wine is made by them, and the name of it has been always ";El Dorado";, until 1998 vintage. Since then the name of the wine changed to ";Reserva White";. That’s the name of the wine excepting unordinary labels for any special customer or delivery. In addition to this, some changes in the wine happened. For instance,
    on 98 vintage the coupage was 85% Viura, 10% Garnacha Blanca (white grenache), 5% Malvasía and it was aged for 36 months in oak. On the other hand, on 99 vintage it was 100 % viura and after Inox fermentation, it was aged for 22 months in oak.
    I had questions about the barrels. I had questions about they’re new, used or new staves substituting the old ones on barrels on need basis; so the percentage of new/used was a sharing balance. The
    winery told me that they don’t do this. The barrels age goes from 1 year to 10 years old. After Inox fermentation the wine goes to the 1 year barrels. From here and after periodical tastings, they decide when the wine goes to other barrels, older each time until reach the older ones.
    Another of my questions was related to the ageing of this wine. The nearest reference for this kind of wine is obviously López de Heredia, but until now I’ve found no report about how good/bad age this wine. Well, the winery confirm that this wine is made keeping in mind the evolution in time, obviously this wine is not made to be drank ";young";.
    And now, more changes. Next vintage in the market the wine change its name. It will be named ’Capillania’. It’s the name of the vineyard where grow the grapes for this wine. From now it’ll be 100 % viura.
    Again Inox fermentation and aged during 21 months in oak. One of the intention is look for a more freshness and fruit and less oak.
    Well, I think that I don’t forget anything. Anyhow I’ve contacted to the winery again in order to keep them up to date about this mini-report and any post from them will be welcome.

Cheers,

Jose

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Mini-report: Marqués de Murrieta White.

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi Jose, nice work.... and many thanks to keep us informed.... especially in the “quiet” side of Verema ;-)) Unfortunately I didn’t see your questions as I have the answers to some of them, since in the “Encuentros” I use to talk with Maria Vargas about news.... This news include, for instance, the ";disappearing"; of El Dorado and the ";birth"; of Capellanía....

Cheers

jose
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Arf, my heart can’t face...

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Another teaspoon of confussion! ;)))) I’m kidding... well, I only can say what the winery told me about the labeling of the wine... and I can only guess that the name ";Capillania"; appeared in the export label just as a reference to the vineyard but not as the name of the wine... but only guessing again :-/

Cheers,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar