High quality/price

10 respuestas
    koudstaal

High quality/price

Ver mensaje de koudstaal

Hi all!
    I’m new on this forum. Later this week i’ll be visiting the Castilla y León, Rioja/Navarra and Aragon regions. Some friends of mine asked me to buy for them white, red and rosé wines with a high quality/price ratio. Pricerange: maximum 6 euro per bottle (consumer price). which vineyards/cellars should i visit??? Thanks in advance!!! Peter

rayol
    en respuesta a koudstaal

Hmmmm

Ver mensaje de koudstaal

Well they haven’t given you many options.
    6€ isn’t very much when you consider the cost of the bottle cork label tax etc..not many euros left for what’s in the bottle !
    Anyway here goes.....

Navarra...Inurrietta

Ribera del Duero....Most of the good bodegas Joven wines will come in at about that price.
    Abadia Retuerta -Primicia/Arnoldo
    Emilio Moro- Finca Realso
    Arrocal

Finca La Estacada (Castilla la Mancha)

These are the ones I like...there are more seek advice from good wine merchants. Are you planning to visit shops or bodegas ?

Ray

jose
    en respuesta a koudstaal

Welcome Peter, and here we go...

Ver mensaje de koudstaal

I’d add to the rayol suggestions, Yllera winery, they’ve red and white wines under 6 EUR and I do really like them. Do you like verdejo wines? They use to be under 6 EUR (or very near) and with really nice QPR. Names to remember and easy to find are Castrosan (verdejo of Yllera winery), Blanco Nieva, Palacio de Bornos, José Pariente...
    In Aragon, you can find nice QPR wines of Viñas del Vero (they’ve got some white and red ones). Julián Chivite is from Navarra, but the wines are easy to find and with affordable QPR. Bodegas Borsao (DO Campo de Borja) have nice QPR wines...

I’m pretty sure that some other forumites can suggest you some other great QPR wines.

Cheers,

Jose

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a rayol

Arrocal

Ver mensaje de rayol

Arrocal is an astute pick, Ray. This has been a very good QPR wine but is likely to get even better since, as of the latest release, the wine is now made by Isaac Fernandez, formerly of Mauro and now the winemaker both Palomero and Neo -- two fairly pricey Ribera Del Duero wines that have achieved wonderful reputations in very little time.

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a koudstaal

Re: High quality/price

Ver mensaje de koudstaal

Hi, Peter…. and welcome to Verema… My bet is for most red “young” wines of both Ribera del Duero and Rioja…. And for the nice whites of Rueda (Palacio de Bornos Verdejo, for instance). And about shops… the best I know in the area is in Valladolid: “Pecados Orginales”…. Nice prices and a good selection…

koudstaal
    en respuesta a koudstaal

Re: High quality/price

Ver mensaje de koudstaal

Thanks for your help!!! I’m figuring out a sort of a winetrail so that i can visit as much as Bodegas - the ones you mentioned - as possible. Thanks again! I’ll be back within 14 days...to be continued....:-))).

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar