Opinions - mandated cork closures for Catalan wines?

12 respuestas
    andrew_holod
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: Opinions - mandated cork closures for Catalan wines?

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Joan,

I meant no offense in re: Catalan nationality. I was wondering if it was sybolic of another way to distance themselves from Madrid?

As to aging with plastic, silicone stoppers, I completely agree that it is currently an inferior solution to cork.

In regards to super-premium wines however, have a look at Plumpjack Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa who release the same wine half in screwcap and half in cork closure. They charge -more- for the screwcaped wine and sell every bit of it.

While I don’t think that this example readily relates to Spanish wine nor do I think that cork is the ultimate closure. It depends on the application, for wines that sell for under $12US I don’t see any problem to use screwcaps, glass stoppers, Zork plastic stoppers or any other sealing device. So long as it is easy to use and doesn’t harm the flavor of the wine.

In my opinion if wine were more accessable, meaning easier to open, especially for ";novice"; wine drinkers; we could share the joy that this beverage and way of life have brought to us.

Cheers
    -andrew

JoanF
    en respuesta a andrew_holod

Ver mensaje de andrew_holod

Hi there,

OK I understand, I was not offended, actually, very surprised.... I’m Catalan... go figure :^D.

Make distances from Madrid, oh! that could be, but I don’t think the cork is the best way for politicians... there are many other ways.. and more efficient, I fear.

I agree with your thought ";In my opinion if wine were more accessable, meaning easier to open, especially for ";novice"; wine drinkers; we could share the joy that this beverage and way of life have brought to us.";... but this is just marketing, ;^D don’t you think so.

Bona nit.

Joan

andrew_holod
    en respuesta a JoanF

Ver mensaje de JoanF

The best Catalan wine I’ve had might be Clos Mogador 1996 I still have a few bottles in my cellar, but they are in need of drinking.

Perhaps it is a bit of marketing to say that we need more accessible packaging for wine, but working in the business I believe it as well.

Lets hope that the more fearful alternatives for Catalan independence aren’t utilized rather that we toast with a glass of Cava .

-andrew

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar