Congratulations Walt!!!

6 respuestas
    MaJesus

Congratulations Walt!!!

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

... I’ve just read that you have been granted the honour of a Verema Prize!!! ... you certainly deserve it several times ... the ";quiet side"; would be way quieter without you!

cheers,

MaJesus

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: Congratulations Walt!!!

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

Many thanks, MaJesus.

I have been very busy and traveling. I had to postpone my trip to Barcelona, and also have been able to post less frequestly.

We need to recruit some more folks over here, and I will try to do so.

I just participated in an interesting double-blind horizontal tasting of 11 2001 Riojas (and one ";ringer";) in New York. Collectively the group of tasters rated Roda I best overall, with El Puntido second, and Guzman Aldazabal ";Exaltacion"; third. I personally had the Exaltacion first. Other than one wine that was corked, the Benjamin Romeo La Cueva Del Contador finished last.

MaJesus
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Very interesting tasting indeed, and 2001 was a very good year in Rioja ; I love Roda I very much, but I drink many more Roda II (which I also love ... certainly I also love Cirsion, but this one I only had once: it is an extremly expensive wine). I have never tasted El Puntido nor Exaltacion, I’ll have to try to find those when I arrive to Spain (unles they are from the super-duper expensive categories) ... curious that La Cueva del Contador finished last ;)) ... this can only happen in bouble blind tastings. This one I never had, but I have never been even curious: it was my impression that it was expensive for the shake of being expensive ... now I am even less curious!

Susie

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

The bottle of La Cueva del Contador was not corked, baked or otherwise flawed. I personally ranked it 7th, better than most of the other tasters, but clearly this was a disappointing performance given the price of the wine.

It appears that www.lavinoteca.org still sells the 2001 Guzman Aldazabal";Exaltacion"; -- but for 45eur. The price of the 2001 Roda I at Vila Viniteca is 29eur.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar