In the summer time...

7 respuestas
    jose

In the summer time...

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi all,
    don’t you hear the song in your mind? Joe Cocker singin’ ";hot town, summer in the city..."; ;)))

Well, so what are your summer wines? Still-White wines? Sparkling? Or maybe you drink red despite the waaaaaaarm weather (well, if you are in other hemisphere we’d accept it ;)?

My 0.02 cents... I quit off red wines of my stemware from the spring, I only drink whites, sparkling or Sherries (in any of their forms but sweets)... You know, Madrid is a hell in summer :-/

Cheers,

Jose

Midi
    en respuesta a jose

Re: In the summer time...

Ver mensaje de jose

Joe Cocker will do...I am thinking of another song I can’t quite recall...Of course, it will come in the middle of the night.
    I also head towards whites in the summer with the occasional red. I love sparkling and non sparkling. We just finished our local strawberry season here in Seattle and I admit that I drink prosecco with the strawberry puree. I am also drinking Sauvignon Blanc and of course a variety of roses! I was recently savoring a nice
    Albarino while looking at a fantastic view of some beautiful mountains in the state of Idaho.

JoanF
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi Jose,

I admit, I’ve been idle in the ’english side’.

Anyway, I’m on the ’rigth’ side, I enjoy whites, roses and cavas (sparking), however, I try too the young reds, sorry :^D... Perhaps roses are my favourite choice, because whites with oak could be also hard, somehow.

Jose, you better move to the north... :^DDDD even it is still very hot (I wish not as hot as spain’s central plateu :^D).

Maaaaaaaaaany regards.

Joan

Álvaro Girón
    en respuesta a JoanF

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Weekend in one of the corners of the Sherry triangle. Sea-breeze from the west making life considerably easier than in the rest of the wild South. Some great manzanillas: unfiltered Barbiana and superb (though apparently younger) Pastrana. Some fishing/boating while watching the incasdencent ligh of the Coto Doñana’s beach.

suiko
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Hot hot hot here in the perfidious Albion, and my whites have been disappearing fast. Can’t beat a nice Burgundy (2002 especially at the mo), and I tend to drink a lot of low-alcolhol wines like German Rieslings and Hunter Valley Semillon. Also some chillable reds like Chinon or possibly some Pinot N (tho this is not good VFM in general).

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar