Trying to find a wine in USA

8 respuestas
    MaJesus

Trying to find a wine in USA

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

In the Spanish side of Verema.com, I read that a certain wine called ";Leva Daniels 2003"; from Bodegas Bernabe Navarro (the maker of ";Beryna";) is entirely sold in the USA. However, when I look in ";wine searcher"; I find no matches. Has anybody heard of this wine? where can I find it?

cheers,

MaJesus

rayol
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: Trying to find a wine in USA

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

MaJesus,
    a guy called Pedro Barrera (?) who had some complaints about this site
    when he joined the Squires forum has posted on this wine over on eBob.
    You could pm him on that forum if you know him.
    Otherwise I’m sure Walt will have the answer.

cheers

Ray

MaJesus
    en respuesta a rayol

Re: Trying to find a wine in USA

Ver mensaje de rayol

Many thanks for the info ... however, since he is Spanish, I suspect that the way he got the wine would be of not much help to me (on the other Verema side, ";Bosco"; has also posted the tasting note of that wine, but again he must have gotten the wine in a ";non-regular"; way). I’m in no urgency (probably, I won’t be able to track it down till the Fall, anyway).

MaJesus

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: Leva Daniel

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

MaJesus,

I have had this wine 2 or 3 times already, but it is just ariving in the US market. I belive that name is Leva Daniel [I do not think there is an ’s’ at the end of the name as reflected in the tasting note on the Spanish side]. The wine is, in effect, a special cuvee of Beryna 2003 and it will not be made again. My understanding is that the wine’s coupage is 30% Tempranillo, 20% Monastrell, 25% Syrah and 25% Merlot. This differs from 2003 Beryna (60% Monastrell, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Syrah, 5% Merlot and 5% Tempranillo) [this is also different than what is reflected in the tasting note on the Spanish side]. All grape varieties were fermented separately and aged separately for 12 months in 90% French oak barrels (Taransaud, Boutes and Dargaux) and 10% American oak barrels. There were only a few barrels of the wine produced, so it will not be widely distributed. At Wide World of Wines in Washington DC I paid $28 a bottle, which is expensive compared with Beryna but much cheaper than most ";trophy"; wines of this quality.

The wine was made in honor of Aurelio Cabestrero’s first born child, Daniel, in 2003. Aurelio is Beryna’s US importer.

A secret for you: I believe that 400 bottles of the wine remained in Spain at Bodegas Bernabe Navarro. I do not know whether those bottles will be commercially distributed, but I doubt it.

Walt

MaJesus
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Re: Wowowowow!!!

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Walt, chapeau! ... incredible information! I’ll tell my friends to be on the look for it (although, as you said, it is a bit on the expensive side), and I will try to get one of those 200 bottles left (the other 200 must have dissapeared by now ;) when I get to Spain. Thanks tons for all the very valuable info!

Majesus

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar