A new article about the wines of Tarragona

20 respuestas
    JoanF
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Very good, however...

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

... I do miss some comments about Conca de Barberà, and de southern part of Costers del Segre. Also, the southern Penedès could be commented....

... anyway, good comments... It is difficult to be exact.

Regards.

Joan

GerryDawes
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: Very good, however...

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Joan, I think you understand that the thrust of this article centers around the continguous primarily red wine DOs around Priorat and Montsant. Had I had to cover wines from the other three DOs that are either in part or wholly in the province of Tarragona, the article would have gone to 12,000 words, instead of the 8,000 words in the article. In addition, with the exception of Torres Conca de Barbera wines, most of the wines from these Tarragona areas are not available in the United States. Nor were most of the wines of Daphne Glorian reviewed, simply because she and her company in the US refused to send samples for the article. In the print-version piece, there is even a good photo of Ms. Glorian and she and her wines are treated fairly.

As far as Clos Dominic goes, I am sure that there are plenty of wines that could have gone in the article, but I was generally working with what is available in the U.S. and the wines I tasted on trips to Spain.

JoanF
    en respuesta a GerryDawes

Re: Very good, however...

Ver mensaje de GerryDawes

Thank you very much for your comments Gerry. If you did a 12000 words article, we would enjoy 4000 more words from you!

Anyway, let me recall some attention about Costers del Segre... specially in Cristiari’s wines (from the wine maker Joan Milà) which are made in the north slope of Montsant if I’m not mistaken. From my point of view these wines have at least the Montsant personality (if not Priorat) and might be included because of that.

On the other hand, some part of Conca de Barberà (specially Grans Muralles I think) has the ’licorella’ soil too and the wines could be like Priorat. Actually, some centuries ago, there was a dispute between Poblet and Scala Dei for some ’licorella’ terroirs close to Poblet, as both claim its possesion... if I’m not mistaken :^D (if the legend is true, the Priorat Abbot claimed as Priorat all the licorella soil around Scala Dei as his estate... as far as Poblet).

Of course, I understand it is impossible to taste really everything.

Once more, thank you very much for your coments.

Cheers!

Joan

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar