She’s BACK!

11 respuestas
    Gastronauta

She’s BACK!

Ver mensaje de Gastronauta

No, not Winona, but Aurora: I opened another En Rama last night that was superb. Before you all jump with biodynamic explanations lemme shoot at this: longer rest after delivery.
    And yes, it wasn’t snowing, and yes, I had the heating turned on unusually high...
    This was just short of the Vinoble sample, around 95+, with clear flor evocation, superb freshness and complexity, and spectacular finish.

BTW, on Saturday night we had another great example of Solear with the dinner at the Encuentro: crisp, fresh, perfectly balanced, and extremely deep in the nose--even from the odd (water) glass.

Álvaro Girón
    en respuesta a Gastronauta

And San León at full speed

After two slightly disappointig bottles of San Leon (";reserva de familia";), the third one was simply superb: long, complex, fresh, and with clear indications that this one was almost ";en rama";. Fifteen days of calm made the difference.

Gastronauta
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: So no false alarm....

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

The ";undesirable change";--as you so politely put it--is a fact. Alvaro was referring to the possibility of a variation within the ";Reserva de la Familia"; bottling (which is where the oldstyle San León (pasada) is found now).

The regular bottling with the new label already contains a younger product, likely more severely filtered. Or so I have heard, for I haven’t had a chance to try it--and what I hear is all about ";correct";
    and ";decent"; (the virtues you might appreciate in a nineteenth-century wife but hardly in a manzanilla with such glorious past as San León).

Álvaro Girón
    en respuesta a Gastronauta

Re: So no false alarm....

Gastro, be sure Paco is more than well informed about the ";clasica"; question. Twenty days ago (approximately) we were tasting together a few bottles of San León reserva de familia at envinator’s superb calçotada. The wine was not bad at all, but a shy, restrained nose did not reflect the magnificient intensity and complexity of former times. Fifteen days after, the story was completely different: bewildering complexity, amazing length, and explosive nose -I would say that even more intense than the older San León, something that made me think on the possibility of a ";en rama"; bottling-. To be sure, these bottles came from the very same ";saca";. I would’nt discard irregularities, but I am seriously thinking that, sometimes, we are too impatient.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar